Running A Food Stall: Is It Really Profitable?

Setho

VIP Contributor
I have not seen anybody that does not eat food so if you get some things right like the location of the business, where to get raw materials and labour I think it will be a very good business idea

Makah

Having a good stall is one of the coolest way to make money in my own country
Your location will determines the kinda of food that will be sold
Example is like food stall in a private school the food that should be sold should be cooperate like Rice or Beans Sha.
So that's my own opinion about this in a few words it's a cool business

Makah

Having a good stall is one of the coolest way to make money in my own country
Your location will determines the kinda of food that will be sold
Example is like food stall in a private school the food that should be sold should be cooperate like Rice or Beans Sha.
So that's my own opinion about this in a few words it's a cool business

AmaliaTG

Many people believe that starting a business with a low capital might always end up in loss. However, this might not be the case after all. There are many rich people who started with a limited amount of capital before they became rich. I am planning to start a stall in my local city and it would take at least $700 to start a food stall. I know that $700 might not sound a lot but it is definitely a lot for people who have limited capital. I would like to seek the opinion of people of have tried to run a food stall previously. How was your experience and were you successful at running that stall? Please do advise me, as your advice might help me. Thanks!
$700 as a starting capital is an average amount to start a business with. It's not much neither is it small. Some bussines even become successful with just $250 start up capital, so I think you are on the right track, only if you will be able to plan and manage your expenditure. That way you won't go loss of any small expenses. Prioritize what is mostly needed in the business and start up and remember a new food eating place, everybody like to try. Be quality with your food stall during the first month as it will determine your success and forever customers. I am not saying you should change the quality in future but keep your quality of your food high to maintain the customers.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Food business is one good business to start, before starting the business I will first consider the location, and its best to launch the best mostly on areas where there are more people or a very busy kind of place , because that's another medium you could actually get more customers that would demand your product , considering these helps you get more customers

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I have not seen anybody that does not eat food so if you get some things right like the location of the business, where to get raw materials and labour I think it will be a very good business idea
That's it bro. Everyone must eat, that's the reality of the whole thing. So the food stall business move and sell, if the location is solid, just as you said. Location is the first to conquer while going into any kind of business. When your location is good for your business you have nothing to be worried about. And again your skills also matters, you need to be good at what you do.

Moni

Many people believe that starting a business with a low capital might always end up in loss. However, this might not be the case after all. There are many rich people who started with a limited amount of capital before they became rich. I am planning to start a stall in my local city and it would take at least $700 to start a food stall. I know that $700 might not sound a lot but it is definitely a lot for people who have limited capital. I would like to seek the opinion of people of have tried to run a food stall previously. How was your experience and were you successful at running that stall? Please do advise me, as your advice might help me. Thanks!
Is a good idea but first consider the place is it an Urban area? The kind is food staffs you are about to sell does the people of that place like it? Is it their best food? How long will it take the foods to spoil? If you have the solution to all the questions then you can go on and think about something different.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Food is a necessity but we should also keep one thing in mind that people want to eat good food. Nowadays there is so much competition in the market that if you sell substandard food or food with no taste, then you cannot expect your business to rise at all. I have seen that there are so many food stalls out there and the ones who are earning money are those who sell tasty food. People choose taste over hygiene in my city and this is a sad reality.
You are right brother....However, if you check my comments i said "if done in the right way". People want the best food actually, at least to some certain extents. People are opening food stalls this days in my part of town, as they know it's profitable to do. That's why the competition is much.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Food is a necessity and it's considered valuable. Which makes it's an exceptional business if you done in the right way and in a better location. But I don't think that amount will be enough to start that kind of business. Though it depends on the country you reside. In my country, things are expensive here, so.

Food is a necessity but we should also keep one thing in mind that people want to eat good food. Nowadays there is so much competition in the market that if you sell substandard food or food with no taste, then you cannot expect your business to rise at all. I have seen that there are so many food stalls out there and the ones who are earning money are those who sell tasty food. People choose taste over hygiene in my city and this is a sad reality.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Food is a necessity and it's considered valuable. Which makes it's an exceptional business if you done in the right way and in a better location. But I don't think that amount will be enough to start that kind of business. Though it depends on the country you reside. In my country, things are expensive here, so.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
For a small scale business a food stall is very profitable if there is the demand. There are several food stalls by the road side here in our suburban town. They are mostly selling street food like barbecue of varied kinds, porridge and boiled corn. I think they are earning a good profit because they are there every day.

In my country, there are many food stalls that sell fries, burgers, shawarma, etc. However, they have to bribe police officials and government employees because if they do not give them money, they will not allow the stall owners to conduct business in the area. This means that there are huge expenses involved in running a food stall. Is the situation same in your counrtry also?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
For a small scale business a food stall is very profitable if there is the demand. There are several food stalls by the road side here in our suburban town. They are mostly selling street food like barbecue of varied kinds, porridge and boiled corn. I think they are earning a good profit because they are there every day.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Food stall strive pretty well where they are more men than women. But it doesn't really matter you just have to make delicious meals to have repeated customers that wouldn't mind eating your food at least 3. Times throughout the day. You would need a good location though then start by selling it cheap before increasing the price

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
It's a business that as to be cited where there is popular. A sparsely populated area will not help the business. You have to put into consideration that food is a perishable item and when you are starting up, you don't have to cook much food, because the leftover might be a waste and it's not good for the business

I have seen people running food stalls in moderately popular area and they are doing pretty well. They key here is to not give up. In the initial stages of the business, it might feel like you are suffering from loss and you might also give up. However, it is always a good idea to set up a stall that does not require too much of investment if you fear you will lose money and end up suffering.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
It's a business that as to be cited where there is popular. A sparsely populated area will not help the business. You have to put into consideration that food is a perishable item and when you are starting up, you don't have to cook much food, because the leftover might be a waste and it's not good for the business

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Yes,it is profitable but depends on how you run it.most people don't know how to manage little capital they have in doing business that is why they think having little capital will help business or may not be possible.Putting the right thing on track will help food stall business to grow with good profit at the long run.

I have observed that many food stalls did not last long and they were shut down after some time. The reason was that it was not profitable and many of those stall owners used to run business in well-populated areas of the city. I think that the business of food stalls also depends a lot on luck and how well your food is. If your food is really tasty, then it will more likely to be successful.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Any business that is related to food and feeding is probably profitable depending on the kind of area how you are running it. All you will need is the right mindset and knowledge about how the business works then you are probably on your way to making a whole lot of money and profit. In my area of residence the business is also very profitable and there are a lot of people doing it.

Good luck

Verified member
Yes,it is profitable but depends on how you run it.most people don't know how to manage little capital they have in doing business that is why they think having little capital will help business or may not be possible.Putting the right thing on track will help food stall business to grow with good profit at the long run.