Business Ideas Rice Business

Jamoflondon

Verified member
As We all know that the nigerian border has been closed, so this does not allow the importation of rice. If you are a farmer I think this could be a great opportunity for you. All just have to do is to change your plantation to rice. Believe me, if you have a farm with rice plantation, you would have sellers book down to buy your rice being planted even before you harvest them.
Right now, a cup of rice is nothing less than 100 naira in my location and there is more than 20 congos in a bag of rice so do the math and calculate how much a bag will cost.
Any farmer that plants rice at this time, can boldly be called a millionaire

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Here in my country rice plantation doesn't grow effectively in all areas of land. Their are some soil that boost the growth of rice. At the northern part of the country it makes it fine there. Soil near the river side is rich in rice growth to make productive seeds, and increase its productivity. If you can plant in such kind of soil, you'll reap double reward, as a producer, that also deals in wholesale.

Good luck

Verified member
Rice business is a very good and lucrative business one can venture it.there is no house that do not consume rice in a single day and besides that rice is food that is mostly consume by children generally.they can eat it any time any day.Selling of rice really move in the market and a lot of people have really make good profit from it

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I think this is a very great business idea in a place like Nigeria. If you have the money to invest in it. I can assure you that there great chance of making your profit from it because rice in my country is “hot cake” and it makes it more expensive and demanding from people

chicnthin

I live in a country where we can't live without rice as our meals are always served with rice, so this business will surely be good. Also, the demand of rice will always be there, and it also doesn't limit a target market. No matter what your status in life is, people eat rice.

dagm

I believe this is actually an extremely fantastic company concept in a location like ethiopia. If you have actually the cash to purchase it. I can easily guarantee you that certainly there certainly fantastic possibility of creating your revenue coming from it since rice in my nation is actually "warm cake" as well as it creates it more costly as well as requiring coming from individuals

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
We are rice eaters and rice was supposed to be our flagship crop. Unfortunately we are importing rice because most of the rice fields are being converted to residential villages. If only I have 5 hectares of rice field then that could be my livelihood. The plowing of the land is made easier by the tractor that is for rent. The planting is done by paid laborers and the harvesting too. But the profit is still substantial.

Skysaint

Verified member
That is a very good business idea tho especially in my country, people do patronize this product or rather say commodity more frequently so it's definitely a lucrative one. Considering the situation of my country, there has been an increase in its price lately which are in favour of all who are into the business

Dest01

in my tradition, rice is eaten alot so honestly, this business for sure would work perfectly for me

frankpsells

As We all know that the nigerian border has been closed, so this does not allow the importation of rice. If you are a farmer I think this could be a great opportunity for you. All just have to do is to change your plantation to rice. Believe me, if you have a farm with rice plantation, you would have sellers book down to buy your rice being planted even before you harvest them.
Right now, a cup of rice is nothing less than 100 naira in my location and there is more than 20 congos in a bag of rice so do the math and calculate how much a bag will cost.
Any farmer that plants rice at this time, can boldly be called a millionaire
Sounds like a Great Idea, but don't you need fields with vast amounts of water to grow rice?

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I have the relation who is into this kind of business and he makes a whole lot of money from it. He deals on local rice, he usually buys directly from people that plant it and take it to rice mill and destone it. this way he makes a whole lot of profit because he buys at a cheaper and sell at a higher price.