Retiring in the rural or urban area?

Jonaville

Many people have a choice to make in the face of retirement: stay in the city where you spent a greater part of your secular life, or opt to move to a rural area to experience the calm, quiet and serene life it has to offer. Some even go as far as building a house there so that they will move easily after retirement. These are the ones who are tired of the busy, noisy and crowdy life of the city. So they decided to go for the opposite in the rural area.
So what would you prefer, staying back in the urban area or moving to the rural area after retirement?

IamDozzy

That's really going to be a tough choice to make because I am originally a city person and i have never seen myself living in the village, most times I love the hustle and bustle of the city especially a city like Lagos or New York. But I also love peace and quiet when I want to relax and retirement is meant to be a period when one relaxes after working all his/her life. If social amenities such as good roads, constant supply of water and entertainment centers like Cinemas ate present in the rural areas, I might consider the rural areas.
Many people have a choice to make in the face of retirement: stay in the city where you spent a greater part of your secular life, or opt to move to a rural area to experience the calm, quiet and serene life it has to offer. Some even go as far as building a house there so that they will move easily after retirement. These are the ones who are tired of the busy, noisy and crowdy life of the city. So they decided to go for the opposite in the rural area.
So what would you prefer, staying back in the urban area or moving to the rural area after retirement?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My wife is retiring 2 years from now. Our plan for her retirement pay is to buy land of about 1 hectare in the countryside probably near the mountain. I am a backyard farmer so my dream is to have a big garden. Life is slow in the rural area so I am sure that I will enjoy living there. The only problem now is if I can afford to buy real estate there.

Samuel72

Verified member
As for me I prefer to work in an urban area but in the time of retirement I will prefer to retire in a rural area, this is because things are affordable in the rural area and also the cost of living is low. after retirement it is advisable for everyone to reduce his expenses and also reschedule his daily spending.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
For me personally, I prefer retiring in the urban area. I even love sight seeing, so it may be somehow staying in the urban area with my kindnof personality. Being in urban area can still provide me with some opportunities that I can still be hold on with till death comes. That's my thought.

Mellorando

Banned
Retiring is most suitable in urban areas since they are likely to see other minimum jobs to do but if it is in a rural areas just I'm not usually much to encounter one might end up jobless or broke for the rest of the sleep

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
The location to stay after retirement depends solely on the retiree. Personally I've always favoured the rural/countryside even as a student and that's why I'm studying in a location that serve that purpose and if perhaps I retire in the future I'll still favour countryside. Firstly because of the minimum noise and secondly because of the food and I tend not to die sooner in the rural area.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
My father us retired and living in the city I'm not planning any day to take him back to the village. At this time, village is very unstable for him to stay people are just planning to see him go off. So I'll keep him living in the semi-urban side we live. At least its peaceful, and life is easy going too. Their is no point taking him to the rural area to suffer.