Resigning due to disagreement with the boss

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
For those who worked in a permanent job, have you experienced being annoyed or hating the boss due to bad attitude? And have you thought of resigning from you job because of your disagreement with your boss?

My wife had suffered the indignities of being verbally abused by their boss when she made a mistake in her job. To be fair with my wife, she is a conservative person and not aggressive. With the loud reprimand my wife did not react negatively. There were 2 managers who resigned due to that abusive behavior of their boss and even some supervisors left because of her (female executive in the rank of vice president). My wife persevered until she was promoted as manager and later on assistant vice president. That was the time that their abusive boss was moved to another department with only 2 employees under her. It is a poetic revenge that the abusive boss is experiencing now.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
In every large organization there are always abusive boss but it's never enough to quit because of them. My mom faced a lot of abuse at work, promotion was delayed when promotion finally came, it came with a lower salary than she expected. She never quit, she persevered then and she is till doing it now. No boss last forever. There is ways power changeover.