Research: Exercise Such As Walking Eases Depression Symptoms

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
We all are quite aware of the many benefits of exercise. Exercise is really good for our heart and it also helps us to fight off other cardiovascular diseases. Benefits of exercise are countless. Unfortunately, many people are not that much physically active as before because they do not have the time and this may also lead to feelings of depression. Depression is also a much growing problem nowadays due to Covid-19 and unemployment. However, do you realize that exercise can also help you to get some relief from depression? This is exactly what a research from Queensland University of Technology says! This study was carried out on female participants. So, I believe that you must take some time and go for a walk today!

Abigael

Valued Contributor
That is very true. Exercise does actually help control depression, which has been so high recently among many people. So physical exercise should be insisted among people. It is really great that just a walk is enough to get the benefits of exercise. If you don't have time for a walk, you can find time in the evening or early in the morning and exercise at the comfort of your house.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Walking has many benefits because it is not only for the physical gain but also for the mental and emotional. Especially when you are walking in a place that has a semblance or nature that gives a feeling of serenity and fresh air. A depressed person is advised to go out and mix with people. But maybe walking outside will be enough.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I know working can help the body especially the muscle and the bone to be strengthened and help in blood circulation in the body, I've never had an idea that this can also help to relieve depression, people who are depressed should not consider working as a total cure to their depression but should rather see a psychologist.