Reasons you should not enter business if you can't feed yourself

Etini

Valued Contributor
If you are looking for food to eat, please go and get a job. Sounds harsh right? Obviously, that's the sad reality. Business should not be seen as a means of survival. That's the first mindset that sponsors chronic failed businesses. Every person that intends to go into business must know that business is built gradually to a point where it would start paying you.

Ask around. Many siccesful businesses today took a considerable period of time before it started yielding enough to pay the entrepreneur. There is no guarantees in business. When you get a job, you are guaranteed of an income every month to use and sustain yourself. Business at the start is very volatile. If you are depending on a new business to survive, that means you would close down that business before long. You can take up a job and sustain yourself while running the business alongside the job till the business gets established. Thinking you are going to start a business and survive with it is a mirage.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
People just doesn't want to help each other and shows other person even die in front of them and doesn't want to help if some people wants to stole his money so what about someone how need food?

Shaf

Verified member
It sounds harsh, and it really is, but sadly it's the truth. That doesn't mean some people can't do it though.

It is just more easier to understand and manage the finances of a business whose funds are not constantly used for expenses, especially personal ones. Besides, if you can't even feed yourself, how do you get capital to run a business? If it is by getting loans, then it's certain that business won't survive.

Some people are very good at managing a business even when they start small though. I've observed a particular tribe in my and I must admit that they do that excellently. What I think makes them successful is that they keep their personal expenses to the barest minimum until the business is running well for three to five years.

I can't do that though, so I got a job while trying my best to perfect my skills at trading, before making it a full-time business.