Reasons Why You Need to Quit Your Job and Build Your Own Income Source

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
For a lot of people working in a reputed company and getting a fat check is the ideal way to generate income. These people believe that when they have a job, money will come regularly, their finance will be stable, and will be able to live happily ever after. However, this is not always the case.

One of the major problems with getting a job is you have to work hard to generate income, in other words your income is directly proportional to the number of hours you work. The moment you quit or are fired, you will lose your income source. Therefore, you will have to build your own income source of generate stable finance.

The average millionaire has 7 different income sources, when one income source stops, he will still have 6 other income sources to support him. However, when you are working in a regular job, you are putting your all eggs in one basket. This is another drawback of working on a regular job.

When you are working in a job, it is impossible to build multiple source of income as you will have to focus on sorting out the tasks given to you. You can hardly have time to focus on other things.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Yeah, it's true I was never a fan of having a Job, but lately I realised you have to crawl before you walk, so many people nowadays start up as employees and then later work up the ladder and become employers or business owners.

But it's really to break out from the job circle when you get in, it's is a never ending loop, I think it's called rat race, if one can learn a high income skill, I think his salary will be enough to get by, and even building a business out of it, we have a popular movement of Financial Independence Retire Early (FIRE) You can check it out on Google.

D

Deleted member 13140

people that work in a 9 - 5 job love it, I think the most important thing in life is to have self awareness, if you love to have a job well then go ahead, having a job isn't bad, for people that want it, they want the weekend off, they want to go hiking or mountain climbing or visit the zoo and other fun stuff, so yeah, but as for me, i can't dream of having a job, not that i hate it but because i know am not good at any other thing except Internet marketing, I love the internet so much, and I plan on using that love, instead of getting a job in nursing like my Dad wanted me to i want to be a digital marketing agent online. haha Epic, A journey i haven't gone half way on

Victorial

Having a job does not stop you from building your income streams. I was never and will never be a part of looking for a job to give me my daily needs. A job can never cater for all of them and that is why I am spending much time building my knowledge which I considered my assets. I remember a piece from a rich dad, poor dad. He doesn't want his child to go to school alone and be employed. Your needs increase and since your pay is the same, you will need to add more certificates to get higher pay.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I do not have a job now, but previously I was employed by a company and received monthly checks. I not only received my salary but also incentives and commissions. I was working in a software house and the employees were given 10 percent commission when they bought new clients to the company through their personal marketing. I managed to bring 1-2 new customers every month and received a commission. The company also gave incentives to the employee who performed better. This is to say that you can earn a lot of money even when you are working in a job.

Johnson98

Whoever wants to make thousands of dollars a month from the CPA field, I have a book from which I learned a lot. Who wants it, write yes

Augusta

VIP Contributor
It is very important to have multiple source of income because nothing is certain with jobs even Federal workers had one time or the other be sacked not to talked about private jobs that anyone can be fired at anytime. So the best bet will be to get your own source of income no matter how small it will go a long way for anybody.

Kendy

Verified member
The cost of education is already so exorbitant and some jobs are just traps to make you forget about your dreams. In order to get promoted in your jobs, you would need to add more academic qualifications to your portfolio before your salary can be increased which still cannot cater for all your basic needs and secondary needs. Knowing when to quit your job will depend on some factors and your level of worth or confidence. There are some situations where people resign even when they have not gotten any job opportunity presently and this is mostly because of unfavourable and miserable working conditions. Depending on a job alone will only limit you most especially if you are working in under-developed countries where the economy is in a mess yet with low wages.

No matter the jobs I take up which is to help me in attaining some objectives at the moment, I usually have the mindset of starting up something for myself because I cannot remain under the subordination of anyone forever. I want to be self-employed where I would change the narrative of leaders or superiors because I will treat my staff in fairness and in equity which would boost productivity.