Health Insurance Reasons Why You Need to Buy Covid-19 Insurance Policy

Mika

VIP Contributor
After the series of consultations between the government’s insurance regulatory bodies and the consortium of insurance companies, life insurance companies in my home country started selling Covid-19 insurance policies. If you had bought a Covid-19 insurance policy, and if you tested Covid-19 positive, you could claim your insured amount. All you need to do was to show your lab report and certification from the local authority.

I was thinking to buy a Covid-19 insurance policy but was dilly-dallying as the country was in lockdown. Before I could buy the Covid-19 insurance policy, I was tested positive for Corona Virus. Thankfully, I did not have to be hospitalized and home quarantine was enough for me. However, I did experience a lot of Covid-19 symptoms including low oxygen saturation levels. Covid medication cost me almost $500. If I had bought a Covid-19 insurance policy, my medical bills would have been easily covered.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
I understand your experience, even I was infected with virus, and home quarantine helped to recover. But the expenses we bore are non recoverable. Yet such insurance are not available everywhere, people of most countries only depends on simple health insurance. People have to update their helth insurance when they are healthy.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I do not think a Covid 19 insurance ought to be different from the general health insurance that people do. even if there is such insurance in my country I wouldn't even give it a chance because we do not get to see so much effect of this virus, so that will be a waste of money.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you are living in an area where Covid is not a problem, you might consider this a waste of money. You might also consider this a waste of money if you already has a health insurance, however, if you are in covid prone area and do not have health insurance, this can be relly helpful to you.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Wow, I really do not know that there has been a covid insurance, I think it is a business strategy for the insurance company, I see as if they are using the pandemic to earn money for themselves, well I wish to say that’s a smart business idea but when I realize that the COVID is a disease and it’s not funny, I could support that strategy

Jamoflondon

Verified member
I don’t think it’s wise enough to go through the stress of getting a COVID-19 insurance because this a general disease that could affect anybody at any time. Besides, the government of every country will surely get you covered if you encounter this disease, so getting insured for that reason is not really important

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Yeah most especially during the pandemic where people are more posed to risk of getting the virus , so it's truly best to buy a covid19 insurance atleast your medical bills would be well covered to some extent , because I think the government are not too concerned on paying the bills

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I don't know if there is a covid insurance here but if ever there is there would be a high demand. A covid patient here who enters the ICU (intensive care unit) is bound to spend at least $20,000 for the medical expenses because it will take weeks to recover. That is the reason why people are scared of covid, aside from the potential death there is the huge medical expense.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I did not buy Covid-19 insurance policy. I don't know whether this kind of insurance policy was introduced in my place or not. However, at the beginning of Covid Pandemic I had bought health insurance policy that provided coverage for any kind of diseases and medical conditions, including cancer and Covid.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Covid 19 pandemic insurance is something that I have not really heard in this part of the world. I think it would have a whole lot of benefits to the insurers. One thing I think about is that it is a pandemic and therefore the government should be responsible for the treatment and not individuals.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Covid 19 comes with so many complications. Some of which can cost you so much to be treated in an hospital. It is truly best to have an insurance policy for it. Especially if your immune is low and you know that the virus can cause the fatal symptoms in you.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Despite the launch of vaccines, Covid is still a deadly disease, therefore you should be still careful about Corona Virus. Even if you do not find Covid insurance policy offers from the insurance companies of your choice, you can always buy health insurance and check the terms to make sure they also provide coverage for Covid.