General insurance Reasons people do not take insurance company serious.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Insurance as a matter of fact being of help to the individuals, organizations and even the country at large through his activites but it is unfortunate that some people do no take this insurance of a thing serious because of the following reasons.
  1. Religious reasons : some people do not see insurance policy serious because they are too religious, they believe what will happen will happen and even the insurance policy can never stop it. Que Cera Cera is their slogan.
  2. Lack of adequate information : the insurance companies are guilty of this. They don't really do their homeworks well. I don't think there is no person in the advanced countries that do not know of insurance policies, reverse can be said when it comes to the third tier countries.
  3. Click bait : some people see insurance as a means of generating money for the insurance company. They believe they can easily prevent all the risks without insurance polices.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I think the number 2 is the valid reason and numbers 1 and 3 are just presumptions. One main reason that I believe why people are not insuring is because they do not have regular income. IN order to pay premiums regularly, you need regular income nd if you do not have a regular income, you can't pay premiums.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I think the number 2 is the valid reason and numbers 1 and 3 are just presumptions. One main reason that I believe why people are not insuring is because they do not have regular income. IN order to pay premiums regularly, you need regular income nd if you do not have a regular income, you can't pay premiums.
You are very correct in your own view about the reasons why people may not want to go into insurance policy. When you don't have money or enough one to cater for the premiums that you need to be paid on some specific period of time, then going in to insurance can be a little bit of problematic.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
You are definitely very right about this assertion. Many people believe that what will happen will happen and therefore no I don't want to go into insurance because it means they are wishing themselves bad luck. This is definitely one of the reasons why insurance companies and not really that popular in this part of the world.

Good luck

Verified member
A lot of people don't have a good idea or knowledge about an insurance policy that is why they don't take it serious.there is no adequate information on what insurance policy is.that is why most of the insurance company have an agent working for them to help in enlighten people about the program and on any premium they will want to do.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
If we should go through the reasons very well you will notice that the they are partially true. I mean, the insurance company is a business entity trying to make money and profits for their pockets one way or another. I am not saying that they don’t have their importance but it is what it is

btaliat

VIP Contributor
If we should go through the reasons very well you will notice that the they are partially true. I mean, the insurance company is a business entity trying to make money and profits for their pockets one way or another. I am not saying that they don’t have their importance but it is what it is
You are not far from the truth. In fact, their ways at times make some people to doubt them. They always want to go into risk that has low chance of happening and they will want to be collecting premium when they know that there is little or no chance of the event happening

Nite

Valued Contributor
These are the reasons why some of the people have not been taking insurance seriously, which they should actually. There's not much awareness about it. This matter needs to be spread widely, so that people can understand of it's importance. Once they see how benefitting it is, no one will be hesitate to buy an insurance.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I guess the insurance company knows that people are not really buoyant enough to buy the insurance policies. That is why most of them do not even take their time creating awareness. They only focus most of the time, the big business owners who they know they can afford to pay their premiums

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I admit that I have no life insurance. When I die my family will not get anything. I did not buy an insurance policy when I was younger because I need the money that I cannot pay the premium. There was also the risk of bankruptcy of the insurance company that may not be able to give back the premium that I paid for years.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I admit that I have no life insurance. When I die my family will not get anything. I did not buy an insurance policy when I was younger because I need the money that I cannot pay the premium. There was also the risk of bankruptcy of the insurance company that may not be able to give back the premium that I paid for years.
This is another factor why people don't go into insurance policy. Some are afraid of what may happen to the insurance company in the nearest future as we have seen insurance companies fading away. I think government has found a way of solving this by regulating the activites of the insurance company

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
You are correct . But as for me I will say that; that number three is the main reason why some people do not take insurance policy serious because they use to see insurance company as a company that just want to be exploiting them. So they to were trying to play save not to take any policy from them.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I think it's mostly lack of information , most insurance companies in low tier countries don't really come down to a particular level to teach the local areas more on insurance and enlighten them more on the benefit , that is why it's not too common or taken serious in some countries

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I think it's mostly lack of information , most insurance companies in low tier countries don't really come down to a particular level to teach the local areas more on insurance and enlighten them more on the benefit , that is why it's not too common or taken serious in some countries
The reason for the low awareness may be because insurance company always target where there are educated or elites who believe in the insurance policy. That's why there are some states especially the civilized states with a lot of industries and influentials people that have many of these insurance companies located in them

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
The reason for the low awareness may be because insurance company always target where there are educated or elites who believe in the insurance policy. That's why there are some states especially the civilized states with a lot of industries and influentials people that have many of these insurance companies located in them
Although they have forgotten that all condition are not permanent and one day things would change and those that are not elite or educated would one day become so , and that's why there should be no difference in segregating people just like that I think , such is not needed I think