Earn Money Raising Capital for your business as an Africans

marcusfe

I've come to understand for many years that there are many opportunities out there for entrepreneurs especially the young ones in African countries to raise capital for their businesses. My greatest concern and surprise is that many are not aware of these opportunities. Information they say is vital to self development.
There quite a number of business support programs that are available for entrepreneurs annually, at least I can mention of some going on I'm Nigeria that are still extended to other parts of African. The most popular among these business support programs is Tony Elumelu Foundation TEF. This is an online business empowerment via training and seed capital (funding). TEF is being undertaken throughout the West African countries. It's a program organized by a Nigerian philanthropist called Tony Elumelu. Every successful applicant of this program stands to win a funding of $5000 each.
Another opportunity similar to TEF that I also know about is Nourishing Africa. I happened to be a participant of the business training organized by this NGO. This training was top notch handled by different successful business owners across Africa. The program also promises to give every successful applicants a business grant worth about $7500 each which is approximately #3.5m.
There are lots of other opportunities like this online, all you need to do is to make a proper research and apply for anyone that is available.

Nite

Valued Contributor
Tony Elumelu Foundation was founded in 2010, and has provided training, mentoring and funding to african start-ups. TEF's ability to identify, mentor and fund entrepreneurs across Africa has gained a big success. Mr. Tony Elumelu has created a great organisation that has helped 10,000 entrepreneurs, capable of changing the face of businesses across Africa.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I have heard of Tony Elumelu before and I know what he did to raise the youth. Actually, there are some programs that government and even NGO do organize to help they youth with solid business ideas. The only problem with this method is that it is either they are doing it for political reasons and even government may not be sincere while implementing this policy.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Sometimes it is very difficult for people to raise capital for their business startup. Meanwhile there are so many ways in which anyone especially in Africa can raise a capital for business startup. Some of the simple ways and reliable way his of raising capital for your business is borrowing from friends and family and also if you have collateral you can go to banks and borrow money for your business.

S

Song4111

I agree with you but the problem that hindered youth effectiveness in Africa is Western educational influence. Many of our youth are capable of achieving greatness but they lacked formal education. Unless we bridge this gap, there should never be a total self reliant youth in Africa.