Protect your eyes form Smartphone by following 5 simple steps.

As our daily life revolves around social media, with our electronic gadgets, Mainly with smartphones, laptops, tablets, etc. Did we realize the continues looking into smartphones for a longer period without blinking our eyes having a very adverse effect at our eyes which causes dry eyes, and even blurred vision and headaches?

Uses of Smartphones has been increased more than the average. people working from home, staying in one place and browsing the internet, reading news, favorite blogs, and watching videos, etc. by their smartphone without blinking their eyes and inviting counter effects to their eyes which need to take special care of it.

“Sometime I thing people can stay with having food but can’t stay one minute without their smartphones.”

In Today’s article we will discuss 5 simple steps to keep our eyes safe and well protect from Smartphones.

Step 1. Keep your smartphone away, don’t bring closer to eye- Generally people holding their phone very near to eyes for comfortable reading. Keep at least 16 to 18 inches away from the eye. It might look a little tough but will not take long to use to. The reason behind, the blue light from the smartphone having a crucial effect on our eyes, due to which it is preventing our body to produce melatonin Harmons which helps the body for sleeping. That’s why while using smartphone till late night, we are not feeling sleepy over the night 1 or 2 o’clock.

Step2. Keep Screen protector(anti-glare)- it can easily available at amazon or in the market up to $5 to $20. It will reduce the amount of Blue light which is harmful for eyes.

Step 3. Blink, Blink and more blink your eyes- Don’t forget to blink your eye while using the smartphone. It required, 15 to 20 times blinking the eyes in one minute can help to prevent your eye from dry.

Step 4. Follow the 20-20-20 Rule- it is another step to keep your eye safe as if you are looking at a smartphone screen more than 20 minutes, then for 20 seconds you should see till 20 feet far view.

Step 5. Reduce the brightness and contrast- you can reduce the brightness and contrast form too high to low and increase the text size for comfortable reading.

So now you know the steps to keep your eye safe form smartphones. Our eyes are very important for us, it require good care of it. So we need to follow all steps to keep our eyes healthy.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Have been practicing blinking of my eyes almost all the time because lack of blinking can causes eye strain which is not the best. Number for can only be done if you are sitting in a location that you can look at the far distance . Number 5 is what I do all the time because too much oF bright lights on my eyes is not favorable to me.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This is one of the disadvantages of working online. There is always the problem with the eyes because of the exposure to the screen of our phone even laptop. However, the tips that the poster highlighted are effective in protecting our eyes against the ray of the phone and laptops.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
The first thing I did after reading your post is that I reduce the brightness of the smartphone. I think I will need to blink more. we are so attached to our smartphone these days especially those of us who are making money using the phone. I will make it my plan to stay away from the phone at least for a day.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I always reduce the brightness of my phone except when I am playing games. I know I don't stay much on game. Besides this, I don't pick up a phone when I wake up on the bed. I do rinse my eyes to be clear first before exposing my eyes to the screen again.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
A friend of mine come from advanced country introduce a little glass to me. he said the grass is capable of bringing down the brightness of the smartphone in order to protect our eyes. I have been using this and I can see a great difference. I no longer experience typing after using the phone to browse for a long time.

Good luck

Verified member
All the five methods mentioned above are quite good to avoid having issues with your eyes using a smartphone. I still don't think it can have any side or negative effects on the eyes except there is defeat the person is struggling with before.it is obvious people can not do without their phone but it depends on how one use the device.

Empress

Verified member
Thanks for the knowledge we should try to follow this methods given to us it is for our own wellbeing the side effect is not always good and prevention is better than cure because there are some side effect that it can cause that doesn't have a solution to it