Prolonged sitting

MRizwan530

Today I am writing about a commom problem. M any people like to sit for long time when they are free specially in holidays. This is not rest but this is desease which is called Prolonged sitting.
A recent study found that prolonged sitting increases the risk of early death. People who sit too much can get cancer or heart disease.
In addition, if you sit in a chair for 12 hours or more a day, your chances of developing diabetes increase by 80%.
According to the WHO, lack of physical activity is the fourth leading cause of death worldwide, as well as the leading cause of various diseases.
Reply with a beautiful comment if you like my article.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is why excess of any thing isn't good. Sitting, standing even exercising excessively can be detrimental to ones health. This is why caution should be applied to all the things we do. I know for a fact that sitting for a long time comes it own health issues

I know how painful my back becomes even my downward body aches from prolonged sitting. I think the best bet is intermittent walking around to ease the body from such a position for a long time. Well, this is what I do especially on days I'm writing.a long ebook pages for a client

Kapazität

Balance is the key

Creating a balance in all that we do
Sitting, lying eating, sleeping, all must be in equilibrium.
I find this post very helpful.

Sitting for a long time can also cause cancer, back aches

For students, they should make out time for break in between their study time to take a walk around and exercise themselves, this is also applicable to workers.

It also as bad as lying down for long which affects the bowel.

Maintain good posture in all!!

Lekhraj19

Verified member
Yeah, that's true. As we are all surrounded by electronic gadgets most of the time, we sit and work for a long time there. Especially people who are doing an office job in IT sector, they have to spend so much time on the computers. And, your estimation of the time is right that approximately 10-12 hours in sitting posture. I have seen many people who have a back problem after they join such jobs, and if they don't take proper care of their physique. Our posture is very important whenever we work on a computer or even browsing on a smartphone.

However, I have also faced sometimes back issues due to the prolonged sitting, but for that I do planks daily for 5 minutes to keep that away.

Kapazität

? ?
These gadgets in presenting their disadvantage while we make use of the positive aspects

Especially in this period of lock down where everyone is at home
Once the gadge is on, you are on it.
Changing from lying to sitting and lying for hours.

I do some stretching at times
Most times I play table tennis in between study times just to exercise my self.

I have gained weight too
Thankfully no back pain or aches or anything of such.

Please
What is planks?

raaman

Valued Contributor
I agree that sitting for a long period of time is not good for your health. It is definitely a problem among many people both young and old alike. In fact, they achieve nothing for sitting like this. Still they indulge in it. Whether sitting in itself is a disease or not, it is not at all good for your overall health. Doctors and medical practitioners always advise their patients about it. However, when it comes to implementing, no one cares.

D

Deleted member 27180

Wow, what an eye opener. This piece of information wouldn't prove valuable to individuals whose job re www requires them to sit for a very long time while attending to customers or when dispatching their designated duties. It would be a really advisable to such individuals to take a long work in e evenings after working hours or go for morning jogging for at least and hour and a half before residence at their place of work. This should be done regularly, infant religiously everyday so ad to cushion the effects of prolonged sitting

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
This is really serious .anyway the body was meant to engage in physical activities that is why sitting for a long time and be dangerous just as the writer has just posted .instead of us to sit for that longer period of time it is always important for us to use that time to engage in something productive in our life.