Preventing the strike of workers

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This topic is a complex one in our country because some labor unions are very active and sometimes not just arrogant but also combative. HR officers are always on the lookout to be one step ahead of a planned mass action like a strike or a rally.

In the bank that I used to work the HR manager is always in touch with the officers of the labor union. It is not really fraternizing but a sort of familiarization so that the relationship will be civil. That style of diplomacy has been successful because in the 10 years that I had worked with that bank there was no threat of strike. My take is the effective diplomatic approach of the HR manager and also of the union leaders. Mass action can be prevented if the leaders of both parties would sit down to thresh out the problem amicably. As they say in the end it was a win-win solution.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
This topic is a complex one in our country because some labor unions are very active and sometimes not just arrogant but also combative. HR officers are always on the lookout to be one step ahead of a planned mass action like a strike or a rally.

In the bank that I used to work the HR manager is always in touch with the officers of the labor union. It is not really fraternizing but a sort of familiarization so that the relationship will be civil. That style of diplomacy has been successful because in the 10 years that I had worked with that bank there was no threat of strike. My take is the effective diplomatic approach of the HR manager and also of the union leaders. Mass action can be prevented if the leaders of both parties would sit down to thresh out the problem amicably. As they say in the end it was a win-win solution.
One can only prevent the strike of the worked by giving them what they want and the right time.
In any company the manager or the company owner must make life comfortable for the workers so that they will not be angry against you and started a protest against what the company is doing.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
In my country, labor unions used to be a Force to be reckoned and they were very active in the political decisions of the country. Today they are no longer active and that force that used to be reckoned by the government and the nation in general. I don't know if it is because they no longer have good and courageous leaders or something.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
In most of the country, labour union only exist and active in the public sector. They do leave private workers to suffer their fates with their employers. They are often less concerned about the treatment they are subjected to by their employers. That's why it is barely impossible to see strike action embark on by the private workers in my country.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I believe their are unions that always in charge to protect the interest of the civil servants and not letting them suffer for the little payments they get. Factors that cause strike in work field owned by government, is when the government fails to meet up with workers salaries for long time. Unable to increase their salaries even when the cost of living is very high. Civil servants are meant to earn money that should be enough for their primary needs and not suffering them with low pay rate.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
If you are paying them low salary, they might go into strike. IN most case, strike occurs over low payment. When you are starting out, people might be willing to work for low payment, but once the company begins to make profit, they want better pay. Strike might also happen due to mismanagement.