Business Ideas Plastic Recycling Business , profitable but underated

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
plastic recycling business is a very lucrative business but it is unfortunate that it is actually underrated in my country. I remember a time where someone who lives in Finland, he's actually from my country but relocated to Finland was telling us that plastic business is very lucrative there that if you can find a lot of plastic cans and sell them you can be making a whole lot of money.

Seriously I think this business is something to pay attention to....But many people in the country believes it's a dirty business. I think we can get people to do the gathering then for you and we can buy it from them very cheaply then when it's many then someone can now sell in bulks to those factories that are using it. I know it can be lucrative, people are not just really paying attention to it.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I think this is a very good idea. One thing that will make this particular business idea to be a very fruity one is the fact that the raw materials can be found almost everywhere. In every country of the world today they are having to deal with one problem or the other regarding recycling of plastics and metals. Though it will cost you a little money in order to start but it is very well worth it

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Though the trend now is metal scrap. This is because most people prefer durability of metal to plastic. But nevertheless, plastic has nevsr ceased been the most used item at home. Going into plastic business therefore won't be a futile endeavor as there will be high return on it'd investment provided there is enough money to set it up.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Plastic recycling is one good business to help the environment. In our country some tv programs collect plastic to be recycled into plastic chairs. That is a noble program. However, for a business I don't think plastic recycling is profitable here although it looks like it is earning but not much.
I think it's pretty good if it's converted into plastic chairs.... That's good and lucrative for business. Apart from selling the plastics, if we can set up a factory to turn the rubbers into the production of another thing just the plastics chairs or plastic tables. Though, this maybe an intensive capital project but it will be a successful one.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Though some time people might be seeing plastic recycling business as a deity business but I want to tell you it a very lucrative business. Sometime what many people use to overlook that its not important its the one that use to fetch better and good money at time. I will like to do the business if there is opportunity.
Its never a dirty business for me ,because there is what is called packaging and this is exactly what a lot of people lacks ,because there are people who would do the business and it would never look like a dirty type just because of the kind of packaging the person have attached to the business to make others see it as a comfortable and even neat type ,some people still wear the dress properly with gloves

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Though some time people might be seeing plastic recycling business as a deity business but I want to tell you it a very lucrative business. Sometime what many people use to overlook that its not important its the one that use to fetch better and good money at time. I will like to do the business if there is opportunity.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Plastic trash is creating a big problem every where. The worst thing about plastic is they do not decompose even for hundred years. Since the trash plastic is freely available you can use this as a raw material to create various things and use on various things. Recently, I watched a video where monks in Myanmar are using plastic bottles to build homes.

D

Deleted member 28127

Some countries have direction to stop anything with plastic, so for example water that is saved in plastic when it is exposed to sun it becomes dangerous to the health, for example if you buy some fish or some meat in plastic recipient then it will be very damaging as particular of plastics can enter into this food by being exposed to sun and replace it by cardboard recipient instead to get fish or meat, then use of plastic is very damaging to the health that is why gouvernement are focusing to replacer.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
The problem is that in some countries the plastic bottles are not disposed properly and this alone could be a disadvantage,because most people that want to look for plastic bottles would have to see and check them inside the gutter or dirty area where its impossible to move to ,it can be profitable but less attractive in some different areas and aspect
That's true! Disposal of those plastics is wrong most times because of unclean places where those plastics are found which is not encouraging for business. But we can get people to do the dirty jobs for us then we pay them. In my country people will do this....Infact they already doing it. We just have look fo this kind people, then we buy from them and we pay them off. Then we will sell in bulk.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
The problem is that in some countries the plastic bottles are not disposed properly and this alone could be a disadvantage,because most people that want to look for plastic bottles would have to see and check them inside the gutter or dirty area where its impossible to move to ,it can be profitable but less attractive in some different areas and aspect

Josemendez

Verified member
One if the disadvantages of plastics is that they are not biodegradable ,and this makes plastic a good source of land and water pollution. Some government have even stopped companies from using plastics in some products.

Having a plastic Recycling industry will indeed be a profitable one as getting the plastics will not be difficult and they can be sold costly after they are recycled and broken into chips .

The only challenge with this type of business is the cost of setting up the machines to be used for the recycling. Getting companies to buy it won't be difficult.

If given the opportunity , will you prefer to do this type of business ?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
There are people who will be collecting plastics and once they have collected quite a bunch , they will sell it to the those companies recycling .
Already I see most of them here in my locality especially the northerners who come in, they pick it and offer peanuts to those original owners and pack plenty to the recycling company to make better profit. When i was very much younger i love selling it to them and they offer me those little amount of money I save them till it becomes much and i used it to buy small bicycle that time.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
plastic recycling business is a very lucrative business but it is unfortunate that it is actually underrated in my country. I remember a time where someone who lives in Finland, he's actually from my country but relocated to Finland was telling us that plastic business is very lucrative there that if you can find a lot of plastic cans and sell them you can be making a whole lot of money.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Recycling business generally as alwas been a god one because it is one business with less people in it. But as you pointed out the issue as always been the capital to get the machines. The business is money demanding it will need one having the money to put all the needed business together
Yes....I think it could have been a good business to engage in, but the cost of the metallic monsters to use, is the issue. If there's financial capabilities, then it's indeed a good source.
Although, in my country many people have not really geared towards this business as they still look at it, as one dirty and unprofitable one. But with the right resources, I think it's a good one.

Josemendez

Verified member
Plastic recycling business will surely be a nice option for an entrepreneur who is eager to achieve those kind of goals in life. Even if you don't have the money all you can do is starting somewhere and grow the business gradually until it becomes lucrative recycling business indeed. We can't just grow it overnight but better plans and vision takes us achieving it long time.
There are people who will be collecting plastics and once they have collected quite a bunch , they will sell it to the those companies recycling .

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Recycling business generally as alwas been a god one because it is one business with less people in it. But as you pointed out the issue as always been the capital to get the machines. The business is money demanding it will need one having the money to put all the needed business together

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Plastic recycling business will surely be a nice option for an entrepreneur who is eager to achieve those kind of goals in life. Even if you don't have the money all you can do is starting somewhere and grow the business gradually until it becomes lucrative recycling business indeed. We can't just grow it overnight but better plans and vision takes us achieving it long time.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Presently I am into metal scrap metal business. I buy the scrap and sell to the recycling company. Most especially, I prefer buying junk vehicles and sell immediately. It's a very profitable business. Same goes for plastic recycling, get people to gather the plastic for and pay them, sell to the recycling company and keep your profit

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Plastic recycling is one good business to help the environment. In our country some tv programs collect plastic to be recycled into plastic chairs. That is a noble program. However, for a business I don't think plastic recycling is profitable here although it looks like it is earning but not much.