Plant-based diet vs. animal-based diet: Which one is better?

Mika

VIP Contributor
Until a decade ago, most Western economists used to say that people in Asia and Africa had a poor diet because they don’t eat meat even once a week. It was easy for the Westerners to say so because the meat was a staple food in America and Europe whereas plant-based diet was more common in Asia and Africa.

However, this notion has been rectified because eating a plant-based diet is more healthy compared to a meat-based diet. Western dieticians, nutritionists, and scientists have done a thorough research and established that human beings need to earn more plant-based diets to remain fit and healthy.

One of the major problems related to eating a meat-based diet is getting infected with animal diseases. In the last 10 years, a lot of new diseases have evolved from animals, for example, swine flu, bird flu, and more recently Corona Virus.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I don't think anyone need to be told that eating plant based foods is the best bet. This is why we eat plenty food but with just 2-3 pieces of meat. So that's how it should be. You would give the body the right nutrients this way to actually function effectively. For me it has always been plant based since it's a lot healthy

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is like a vegetarian versus an omnivore who eats anything. I once asked a vegetarian if he is guaranteed to live up to 100. Guess what his answer was. Longevity is not dictated by the food that you eat. It is the lifestyle. Okay. So what is the difference in eating plant-based against animal-based food? The delicious food that is enjoyable.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Lifestyle alone does not determine how many years we live. If that was the case why do babies die? A lot of factors contribute to how much we live, for example, the food we eat, lifestyle we practice, genetic informtion in our genes, etc. However, researches point tht vegetarian food is better than meat based food.

dagm

I do not believe anybody have to be actually informed that consuming vegetation located meals is actually the very best wager. You will provide the body system the appropriate nutrients by doing this to really work efficiently. For me it has actually constantly been actually vegetation located because it is a great deal healthy and balanced

Putta Vince

I belong to Asian country and I purely follow plant based diet. I am not allowed to eat non vegetarian food as or as my religion is concerned. I believe plant based diet is more healthy as you directly receive essential nutrients whereas animal based diet involves a series of food chain.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
All these things will depend on a lot of things on , plant are supposed to be the best but sometimes when there is too much chemical on plant it is not good for the body and can sometimes be cancerous. If animal are raise properly without any dangerous chemical in the body then I'll go for animal.this is a personal decision.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I think human beings learned to eat plants first then only they started eating meat. Human teeth and digestive system is not basically meant for animal based foods, therefore, I believe plan based diet is best for human beings. sadly, a lot of us eat animal based diet just for the taste.

Empress

Verified member
Plants based diet is the best as it doesn't have side effects like the animal based diet because animal based diet causes of disease, bacteria and infections to the body like diabetes, heart disease, liver problems, cancer and this animal based diet makes cholesterol to be too much in the body