Plan and Save for your Old Age.

raaman

Valued Contributor
Planning for retirement is a process that will help you achieve the financial goals, during your working years and also in your retirement life. But, most people start their retirement planning at a later stage that is in their 40s.

Well, it is important to understand that once you start planning your retirement and start accumulating wealth, you will soon be able to live a worry-free life. Therefore, you have to take appropriate steps and start planning for your retirement.

As retirement savings, you have to save 10% of your income. This is the first rule you must follow religiously when planning for retirement. To start a retirement plan, working people can sign up for the Employees Provident Fund (EPF).

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Those who are not able to save a good percentage out of the money they make monthly from their jobs can decide to take up much reliable opportunities like investing in assets that would profit them in the long run like real estate that would continue to make them money for life.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Its very wise to me to start retirement planning on time than planning it closer to retirement time. That will really be a hard one then to carter for ourselves when we aren't fit enough to work as we use to do before. Even if we are civil servants aiming to earn monthly stipend we shouldn't rely on such stipend to carter for our well-being and food. We need other sources of income to enable us live a worry free life.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
We all need to save some amount of money and plan ahead ,because most old people who dont utilise their funds properly could spend in a wrong unit ,so retirement savings is truly needed so the person could be rest assured of his investment and probably have additional revenue and others too when he or she retires from his business or certain company he or she is probably working

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
It's very Paramount to plan for the future and save for the best period of someone's life which is during old age. I think it's even advisable to invest in a business that can yield a better dividends, and start saving the profits, or we can furthermore invest in another thing, so as to have a multi stream levels of income. For better preparation for old age.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
It's very Paramount to plan for the future and save for the best period of someone's life which is during old age. I think it's even advisable to invest in a business that can yield a better dividends, and start saving the profits, or we can furthermore invest in another thing, so as to have a multi stream levels of income. For better preparation for old age.
Yeah investing in business should be the ideal benefit because if its been done well and promoted there could be development that would grow the business and the retirement funds used by the person would increase in value , which is a benefit for the pensioneer, i have seen many do such and invest and they dont regret it on the latter , because of the benefit

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Planning and saving for me should be a daily thing not just about retirement because emergency can come up anytime any day so one needs to know this to have peace as one progresses. I know it more important in the case of retirement but plans should always be put in place always

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I believe retirement is not easy to plan especially when you have a family to take care of plus your job don’t bring you that much money because as far as I know, life after retirement depends on the kind of job you are doing presently. I mean you can be a junior staff and expect that your retirement payment will be as equal as the senior staffs’ retirement payment.

Good luck

Verified member
It is a good idea to start planning and saving for old age but one can easily do that by having a very good investment or business that will always give a good return on a daily,weekly,monthly or annual basis.With this one will not struggle much in one's old age. The investment will be what one will leverage on in old age.

funmi

Verified member
Truly, it is very good to plan and save ahead of retirement. Because when it comes to Saving it takes commitment to do so. The only issue is that when we are working in a place where the payment is not even enough to carter for once need for the month, then it becomes so difficult to save for retirement. Even to save to do some present time projects may also be difficult too.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Even though it is good for people to plan and save some money for their old age or retirement age, it is also very important to make sure that they are saving in reliable platforms like banks and they don't share their information with people they do not know so that scammers will not rip them of their hard-earned savings.

iamawriter

Planning for retirement is a process that will help you achieve the financial goals, during your working years and also in your retirement life. But, most people start their retirement planning at a later stage that is in their 40s.

Well, it is important to understand that once you start planning your retirement and start accumulating wealth, you will soon be able to live a worry-free life. Therefore, you have to take appropriate steps and start planning for your retirement.

As retirement savings, you have to save 10% of your income. This is the first rule you must follow religiously when planning for retirement. To start a retirement plan, working people can sign up for the Employees Provident Fund (EPF).
I could say we both planned our finances well - not just finances but something that would keep us occupied happily We shifted to a semi rural town where there was less pollution. My passion for gardening kept me busy on my toes and my husband got a lot of time reading that he liked to do.

AquaWAH

Yeah investing in business should be the ideal benefit because if its been done well and promoted there could be development that would grow the business and the retirement funds used by the person would increase in value , which is a benefit for the pensioneer, i have seen many do such and invest and they dont regret it on the latter , because of the benefit
I started today. First investment was $1.00/ per company. 5 companies so that's $5. I may pinch off of it during the holidays.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I started today. First investment was $1.00/ per company. 5 companies so that's $5. I may pinch off of it during the holidays.
Good you are doing that , but how were you able to make up for that ,where you like buying shares in different companies just as you have said and holding the shares to see if the price will rise and you make gains , I would really love to know more