PICKING THE NOSE

Elite

The act of picking the nose has been widely done by all races of men from time past even till this very day, but then because it's widely done doesn't mean its safe for the nose especially when it is done continuously
Let us look at the harm it can cause to the nose; although picking the nose causes some kind of relief to the body, the nose can be injured which could cause bleeding; I have seen many of this case in children
It could cause infection too:the rate at which we work with our fingers could leave some bacteria in our nails which when put in the nose can cause an infection
We've got to learn to stop picking our nose, instead of that we could use a clean kerchief
I'd like to hear about your experiences about picking the nose

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
I used to do this a lot when I was younger, but these days I try as much as possible to make sure I carry my handkerchief where ever I go in order to avoid a situation where I would be forced to pick my nose using my fingers as I have been made to understand that it is a very bad habit that should be avoided at all cost.

Elite

I used to do this a lot when I was younger, but these days I try as much as possible to make sure I carry my handkerchief where ever I go in order to avoid a situation where I would be forced to pick my nose using my fingers as I have been made to understand that it is a very bad habit that should be avoided at all cost.
That is nice, it will also be nice if you would enlighten others too, especially the kids, because they are more fond of the habit

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
This is unclean habit when done with your fingers.....If you have a dirt in your nose, you can as well use an handkerchief for whatever stuff anyone's to do with their nose. But most disgusting part of this, are people who picks their nose in the public. I have seen several people done that, which is not clean at all. Well this topic is disgusting its self.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
That is nice, it will also be nice if you would enlighten others too, especially the kids, because they are more fond of the habit
Thanks for pointing that out and I believe you that more awareness need to be done about this as so many kids tend to get used to it which could be part of them even when they grow up. Parents are the most significant figures that would do a lot of work to help curb this bad habit common among children.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
A lot of people are always guilty of this including me but sometimes I always try to control my mine that whenever I want to pick my nose with my hands I remember the effect this will have and the body then I'll stop it. I have decided to always leave some handkerchief my bag, that is what I have been using most of the time.

Kola

Verified member
Picking of the nose is a very bad habit.. If you have dirt in your nose you can always use hankerchief.when you pick your nose and also use it to eat it can make you sick. It Is mostly common to children and it is a very bad habit

Empress

Verified member
Picking the nose with hands is a very unhealthy habit because we can use that same hand to eat which can lead to diseases so it is better to avoid picking nose when you are not with handkerchief or make sure to always have an handkerchief with you at all times

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This is the most irritating act I hate seeing people doing. Not that I was not guilty of it when I was young but it is embarrassing seen older people involving in this act. It shows that we are not mindful of our health because we still eat with the same finger we used.