Personal Finance Tips For Married Couple

Mika

VIP Contributor
After getting married, a lot of women merge their accounts with their husband’s accounts. This is not good for financial health as well as relationship because money is one of the primary causes of failed marriages.

Generally speaking, most husbands will respect their spouses for having their own money in their own account, and they will also be happy to have full control over their own money. Therefore, instead of merging their accounts, husbands and wives should set up a third account where they can merge their income and in the meantime, they also have their own accounts.

There is no reason for women to give up their financial identity when they get married.

When you get married and when you both have a lot of money, it is very natural that your family comes to you for financial help. As their own blood and bones, you have moral obligations to help them, but you must know money can strain family relationships.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Money destroys family sometimes when there’s too much of it. Believe it or not when a wife earns more than the husband, marriage will no longer functional.

No matter where you live, there is a general tendency in people that women are inferior to men. Do you know why this thought prevails? Until recently, women managed home and men went to work, they brought money, and money had power to buy all necessities. As a person who earned money, husbands had superior position in the family.

Yes, you are obliged to help your family if you are in a position to do so. However, if you know how to deal with this properly, you will never strain your relationship. When someone asks me to help them, I try to help with money, and never expect the money to be returned (unless I am investing in the business). Helping your relatives should not be a business.