Pension - Signature or Thumbprint

Nova

When we get old there is a less chance that the person can get his signature on the paper. And so he needs to find out alternative means for the getting approval for the cheque. A lot of times some of the pension accounts pay directly into the bank account. And some of the time they require you to sign before they can send the payment. I think in near future there would be some mechanism through which the payment can be issued to the pension account holders. I think it would be through retina scan or the thumbprint or signature option.

In near future there is also chance that they may ask for yearly check of the scans they can do for the authorization. because some of the time say old people lose the sight to see. And some of the time I think not having any form of authorization would be keeping that retirement account in more or less trouble. So we have to check out how they can update it.

My speculation is that in near future a lot of pension account can allow digital withdrawal too.

IamDozzy

When we get old there is a less chance that the person can get his signature on the paper. And so he needs to find out alternative means for the getting approval for the cheque. A lot of times some of the pension accounts pay directly into the bank account. And some of the time they require you to sign before they can send the payment. I think in near future there would be some mechanism through which the payment can be issued to the pension account holders. I think it would be through retina scan or the thumbprint or signature option.

In near future there is also chance that they may ask for yearly check of the scans they can do for the authorization. because some of the time say old people lose the sight to see. And some of the time I think not having any form of authorization would be keeping that retirement account in more or less trouble. So we have to check out how they can update it.

My speculation is that in near future a lot of pension account can allow digital withdrawal too.
Yes, nice observations. The world is gradually going digital and as that every process would become digital. But what would happen in the case of a retiree having an amputated hands, he/she wouldn't be able to sign or thumprint. This is where technology would come in, they would scan his Iris located in his eye.