Passive income: Minimal Investments

King bell

VIP Contributor
The success of your passive income depends on the amount of time and energy that goes into it. A good passive income does not mean a big amount of money coming in regularly; it is about consistency. It is about putting in the work and doing enough to keep that money coming in steadily.

In order to make any income from passive sources, one has to be consistent and put in enough labor hours or time into a skill set to maintain his/her presence there. You can't just jump to passive income; you have to be patient, consistent and put in the same amount of effort in order to maintain it.

I use my money for passive income mainly for the following reasons:

To provide financial security for myself and my family To help fund our dream vacation To invest in myself To invest into my education To save up money for a rainy day Contribute to retirement funds (401k, I-bond) etc.

Passive income is not free money; you don't hand it over to someone else passively. You have to put in the time, energy and patience needed to keep that money coming in regularly and steadily.

When you get to really know about it, you will realize that the idea of passive income is very far from expectations.

Passive income is hard work, with little pay for a very long time. It is worth it though when you start generating constant income this way.

Take for example, book publishing on Amazon Kindle. You will need to spend time and effort to find a profitable niche, except you are already a good writer. Then you spend time again on writing, publishing and marketing. Sometimes, you get no sales for months.

The same goes with other passive income sources, such as real estate, blogging and others. In some cases, you need a lot of capital to get a reasonable return from your investment.

It would be good if newbies are made to have realistic expectations. Many people fall for the trap of get rich without work and end up as prey in the hands of scammers just because they were not cautioned initially.