Pain In Left Arm: Does It Really Indicate That You Have A Bad Heart?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Heart disease is one of the most commonly disease that has been the number#1 cause of death all around the world because people usually do not take care of their heart health. There are many things associated with heart health. It is commonly believed in my country that if you usually have a pain in your left arm, then this may indicate that you might be suffering from heart disease. It might be possible that heart disease might cause pain in some other parts of the body and this might be a good indicator that your heart health might be in danger, but what about left arm pain? Is it really an indicator of bad heart health? Can someone please clarify this and please tell if there is any truth behind this?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Heart disease is one of the most commonly disease that has been the number#1 cause of death all around the world because people usually do not take care of their heart health. There are many things associated with heart health. It is commonly believed in my country that if you usually have a pain in your left arm, then this may indicate that you might be suffering from heart disease. It might be possible that heart disease might cause pain in some other parts of the body and this might be a good indicator that your heart health might be in danger, but what about left arm pain? Is it really an indicator of bad heart health? Can someone please clarify this and please tell if there is any truth behind this?
As for me I do not know more about it I would have give good answer to your question. But yet I believe if one is filling pain in one if the body and it has been gotten to a point that one do not even know what yo do next . I will advise such a person to go to the hospital where they can diagnose the causes of the pain and the remedy to it.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
As for me I do not know more about it I would have give good answer to your question. But yet I believe if one is filling pain in one if the body and it has been gotten to a point that one do not even know what yo do next . I will advise such a person to go to the hospital where they can diagnose the causes of the pain and the remedy to it.

According to the official website of WebMD, pain in left arm might indicate that your heart is not healthy and the blood flow to your heart is not in a healthy condition. I rarely do experience pain in my left arm but it is mild pain. I think I need to concentrate more on my health, as I am being negligent towards my health. I am a night owl and night owls are more likely to experience such problems. perhaps I should focus more on sleeping early tonight.

arunima25

Verified member
Pain in the left arm can be an indicator of some heart problem and should not be ignored. If one faces it and is not sure about the reason, it is advisable to not ignore it and get it checked by the doctor. But then, pain in the arm need not only due to heart issues. One can have it in other health conditions too like diabetes ( where the pain in limbs is common), fibromyalgia or other such conditions. It can also be due to some injury due to strenuous exercise or a wrong posture of sleeping.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Pain in the left arm can be an indicator of some heart problem and should not be ignored. If one faces it and is not sure about the reason, it is advisable to not ignore it and get it checked by the doctor. But then, pain in the arm need not only due to heart issues. One can have it in other health conditions too like diabetes ( where the pain in limbs is common), fibromyalgia or other such conditions. It can also be due to some injury due to strenuous exercise or a wrong posture of sleeping.

Nowadays I am also suffering from the problem of numbness a lot. I usually do not feel pain in my left arm but I do have a very high cholesterol levels. This is a bad indication and I believe I must act soon before something worse happens. I believe the time has come to take care of health and stop eating junk food.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I don’t know if this is a kind of believe I know we grew up with some beliefs that I look back and I wonder what they were thinking. For me when I have pains that make me uncomfortable I see a physician because I don’t want to be guessing with my life

arunima25

Verified member
Nowadays I am also suffering from the problem of numbness a lot. I usually do not feel pain in my left arm but I do have a very high cholesterol levels. This is a bad indication and I believe I must act soon before something worse happens. I believe the time has come to take care of health and stop eating junk food.
You can not ignore such symptoms for too long else it might be too late. And junk foods are no good. They are okay once in a while to treat our taste buds. But with a condition like high cholesterol, one has to be very watchful with what you eat. And also you need to exercise. Cholesterol deposition is a major concern for any heart issues.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
We can't surely associate pain in the left arm to heart problem. I think before we can conclude on any anything that's wrong in our body, we will need to go for a check up and be examined properly by a professional medical doctor, then we can now know what's wrong with us, then a proper treatment will be given.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Since you're experiencing this dear you need to sleep and have a proper rest to allow your system to replenish as time goes on. Don't spend hours at nights doing some kind of tasks online or offline. At times i sleep well at times I'm awake in the night cos I've fulfilled my sleeping time in the day time. If I start seeing strange things in my health I'll simply reduce my working hours to seek proper care to my health.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Since you're experiencing this dear you need to sleep and have a proper rest to allow your system to replenish as time goes on. Don't spend hours at nights doing some kind of tasks online or offline. At times i sleep well at times I'm awake in the night cos I've fulfilled my sleeping time in the day time. If I start seeing strange things in my health I'll simply reduce my working hours to seek proper care to my health.
Wow sometimes personally I sleep for only 5 hours every night but I believe this can be dangerous to my health.. I am now thinking of increasing need to at least 6 or 7 hours every night because I don't want to put my house in a dangerous situation that could lead to disease or something serious. Sleeping is the best for our body.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Wow sometimes personally I sleep for only 5 hours every night but I believe this can be dangerous to my health.. I am now thinking of increasing need to at least 6 or 7 hours every night because I don't want to put my house in a dangerous situation that could lead to disease or something serious. Sleeping is the best for our body.
At least six hours everyday, but five hours sleep isn't bad. I cover 8 hours of sleep this days. When I come back from school, I take a rest of three hours into deep sleep, in order to work at night. I love working at night, it gives me peace of mind than day time when noise is just too much.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
At least six hours everyday, but five hours sleep isn't bad. I cover 8 hours of sleep this days. When I come back from school, I take a rest of three hours into deep sleep, in order to work at night. I love working at night, it gives me peace of mind than day time when noise is just too much.
Wow I cannot really sleep for more than 1 hour 30 minute in the daytime ,I don't know how you are always able to sleep for 3 hours on the day ? It is almost impossible for me to sleep complete 3 hours in the day time , do you use drugs like alcohol ? Because most people who are using it I likely to sleep for more than five hours every day.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Wow I cannot really sleep for more than 1 hour 30 minute in the daytime ,I don't know how you are always able to sleep for 3 hours on the day ? It is almost impossible for me to sleep complete 3 hours in the day time , do you use drugs like alcohol ? Because most people who are using it I likely to sleep for more than five hours every day.
I developed such routine, when I stress myself out in the night, surely I'll sleep either in the morning or in the afternoon time. If you try such routine it will work for you. Today I tried it, and it worked too, it's been working for me that way for the part six years, and I'm happy maintaining it upward.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I developed such routine, when I stress myself out in the night, surely I'll sleep either in the morning or in the afternoon time. If you try such routine it will work for you. Today I tried it, and it worked too, it's been working for me that way for the part six years, and I'm happy maintaining it upward.
And beside another thing about sleeping in the daytime is that you'll be so weak and tired especially if you're sleeping in a very sunny day ,that is the reason I always try as much as possible to avoid it, sometimes I may not even be able to sleep as have said ,how do you always do about feeling tired and restless after waking up in a sunny day ?

arunima25

Verified member
I read a very good article by one medical expert. It beautifully explained the few Ss that are the major culprit of many heart diseases and for that matter many diseases. They are Salt ( excess of it), Sugar( artificial ones in excess), Sleep deprivation, Stress, and a Sedentary lifestyle. So a little bit of awareness and conscious effort to make little changes can actually go a long way in having good health.