Organizing cooperative for retirees

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
A cooperative ia a corporation that is registered for a specific purpose to benefit the shareholders. Unlike an ordinary corporation that has stocks for the ownership the cooperative owners have equal shares. That means if one member owns a share of the cooperative worth $20 then all the other members would also have that amount of share in the ownership.

The advantage of a cooperative is the lower taxation and for the seniors it is almost tax free. That is the reason why proponents of cooperative are encouraging the seniors to register their own cooperative. The senior’s cooperative in the nearby village has a store that sells cheap food stuff. But the products are only available to the members of the cooperative. I think that is a nice privilege to the retired people here.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I think I have read about a thing like this though not for the seniors but for the farmers I think it does make sense to be done for the elderly or seniors too. People need to take up whatever will help their age bracket. I like this style for seniors though