Opening an ice cream shop as a student. Good or bad?

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I think you could start the business because for your mind to bother you about the business shows how much passion and how successful the business would be , the only problem would be to balance the time you spent on the business and make sure it doesn't clash with your school time , because it might affect your studies if such things happen i think

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
This is still a struggling business,most of the people have stopped eating outside due to pandemic;. I used to have ice-cream daily in summer and occasionally in winter before Corona virus (Covid-19) hit the globe. Now I don't eat any outside food. Most of the people also stopped eating outside. Open your shop only if there is demand.

Godsplan

I think the profitablity of this business mainly depends on the level of education you are and the taste students in your campus have for ice cream. If they have high taste for ice cream and you feel you can locate the business near the campus and at least get a family member to be monitizing the business when you are in school, it can generate some revenue for you.

IamDozzy

It depends on your time management skills and if you would be chanced to attend to your customers any day and at anytime. If you divide your time appropriately like morning for lectures and reading and evening for making your Ice creams and selling to customers then you are good to go. The main thing is that your scheduling has to be tight.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Opening an icream shop will be a very good idea, since it will be Ina student area will defiget a lot of patronage which will In turn leads to large profit, as long as you are selling a very good product, though it might affect your studies, but you have a good time management skill, then you will be able to blend both the business and your studies.
This is why I posed the question here... The ability to manage time is the issue... I am a student and I have a lot of friends that are caterers and bakers that are good with this ice cream making but the time is the issue... They are rushing us here at school and I am a semi finalist that is planning to graduate soon if the calendar is going well... Thanks for your input by the way.

Sammyesx

Opening an icream shop will be a very good idea, since it will be Ina student area will defiget a lot of patronage which will In turn leads to large profit, as long as you are selling a very good product, though it might affect your studies, but you have a good time management skill, then you will be able to blend both the business and your studies.

Georgeadawara

It you are a student you can now how student need ice cream so as a student if you are capable of starting that kind of business I advised to start it but in other hand you need to have someone that can help you to control the business when every you are absent or you may have lectures. Starting it it's may not be that easy but the benefits attached to it it's what matters.v pop