Neighbor cutting plants without a valid reason

niche

Verified member
I have a house where I do not stay all the time, with some plants in the front yard. When I am not at home, the neighbour cuts whichever plants he wishes. He has cut some plants again this year. They are falsely claiming that the plants are causing dengue, when everyone else has far more plants. A few of these plants were expensive and were growing for many years. This is happening almost every year, and the money I spend on the plants is wasted. The neighbor is very well connected, the local politicians and police are doing whatever he tells them to do. What is the best solution to stop the neighbor from cutting the plants? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I think both of you need to sit down and talk about this out. you need to first ask the reason why he is engaging in such art. This will enable you to see things from his own perspective. Tell him that you don't like the way he is cutting those plants. Let him know that it cost you a lot of money to get them in front of your house. You should be able to empathize with you that way.

niche

Verified member
As I have mentioned earlier this neighbour is very well connected, and all the local officials are doing what he wishes, allegedly because he may be paying them bribes. So he has become very arrogant, and always refuses to admit his mistake. He may be cutting plants because he wants me to sell my house cheaply. He is an expert in acquiring properties from those who are not well connected after harassing and defaming them.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Reporting such a person today authority might be a futile effort. The reason is that the person is well connected as you said. The person might have enough resources to turn any case against you in the court of law. But I want you to know that this can only prevail in a lawless country that is full of corruption. Just The necessary steps and reports to the law enforcing agency.