Need for Sleep

raaman

Valued Contributor
Sleep is a natural process and necessary in our routine. For good health, you should sleep well. It protects us from diseases and keeps the brain healthy. It gives us the energy that is necessary to live a healthy life.

Deep and complete sleep provides complete relaxation to our mind and body, so that we feel fresh and energetic. Problems such as grief, weakness, and laziness arise due to incomplete sleep.

You have come to know that there are many benefits from good sleep. Many problems arise from not taking good sleep. However, there are home remedies that help get good sleep.

Sprite1950

When I was a teenager I always needed around 8 hours sleep or I would be too tired for school but as I have got older I find I need far less sleep. These days I go to bed around midnight and get up at 6am although I am usually awake around 5.30am. I put it down to the fact that now I am older I do not use up as much energy as when I worked. However I do nap in the day now although I try not to as it disturbs my sleep pattern at night.

I notice that when I have a bad night I not only feel tired but my stress levels are high too which shows us how important a good night's sleep is. Making sure I am relaxed at bed time with a warm bath and a hot drink seems to help me to drift off easily.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I don't joke with my sleep because I know great the benefits derived from having at least 8 hours sleep. Sleep is another good tonic for the body, it helps one wakes up more refreshed and relaxed. The body goes through one form of stress or the other, the only way to keep it still functioning at its optimum level is sleeping it out. The long sleep will calm the nerves,remove tensions and make the body calm. There's no way one will be in this mood and will not perform maximally. So yes, the body needs to take this rest in form of sleep. And this needs to be done daily

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I don't joke with my sleep because I know great the benefits derived from having at least 8 hours sleep. Sleep is another good tonic for the body, it helps one wakes up more refreshed and relaxed. The body goes through one form of stress or the other, the only way to keep it still functioning at its optimum level is sleeping it out. The long sleep will calm the nerves,remove tensions and make the body calm. There's no way one will be in this mood and will not perform maximally. So yes, the body needs to take this rest in form of sleep. And this needs to be done daily
I know normally we are supposed to sleep at least 8 hours every day to complete the normal sleeping circle for the day but for me personally I do not sleep up to that, I rather sleep five hours at night and one hour in the day because I have a lot of responsibilities I have to take care and this is how I have been able to meet up .

Empress

Verified member
Sleeping is very important for our health because it makes us active and energetic and also release the stress out of us by having enough rest so we should make we always sleep for like 6-8 hours daily to prevent some complications in our health because health should be our priority first.