Monetization Methods for Free Blogs

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you want to blog, you can do it in two ways, one, create your own self-hosted blog (by registering a domain and buying a hosting plan), or start blogging on free blogging platforms. You have two options for free blogging, one, create a site on free blogging platforms like wordpress, blogspot, wix, weebly, etc. and two, start publishing on blogging sites like hubpages, medium, vocal, etc. If you are publishing on free blogging sites like hubpages, medium, etc. you do not have to worry about monetizing your content because you will be earning through the site’s monetization method. For example, on hubpages you earn from ad impression, on medium you earn from views. However, if you want to create a free blog on wordpress, blogspot, etc. you will have to monetize your blogs. So, how do you do it?

Adsense is not available for free blogs except blogspot.

You can use Amazon ads on numerous free blogs but some free blogs will disable your site for excessive advertising.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Choosing between free blog and paid blog is the most important decision you have to make when you decide blogging because this will directly reflect on your revenue. In order to build revenue, you need traffic. Before I give my opinion on whether you can build traffic on free blog or not, I will ask you a question, you search something online and come across two website, one is a blogspot/wordpress subdomain site and another is a site that used a custom domain. Which site will you visit? I believe, you will prefer to visit the site built on a custom domain. You can of course monetize free blogs. There are some ad networks that can be used on free blogs, you can also use affiliate ads on free blogs. However, before you can earn form free blog monetization, you need traffic and traffic is hard to come on free blogs.