Microsoft plans to kill password by 2021

Peppul

Microsoft company say by 2021 password will be useless as they are about to change how to unlock laptops and smartphones. In the lastest blog post the company has spoken about it's efforts in moving towards a password less future and it's intentions to reach that stage in 2021.
According to what I read, the company has stated that almost 80% of the cyber attacks are targeted towards the password with every 250 corporate accounts being hacked everyday. And this has pushed the company to bring a password free solution. So I want to ask if this move by microsoft is a great move and how much will it impact both individuals and organizations.

M

micholo123

Microsoft company say by 2021 password will be useless as they are about to change how to unlock laptops and smartphones. In the lastest blog post the company has spoken about it's efforts in moving towards a password less future and it's intentions to reach that stage in 2021.
According to what I read, the company has stated that almost 80% of the cyber attacks are targeted towards the password with every 250 corporate accounts being hacked everyday. And this has pushed the company to bring a password free solution. So I want to ask if this move by microsoft is a great move and how much will it impact both individuals and organizations.
Well, we ll have to wait and see how they want to go about it and how it will impact individuals and organisations, though I personally think it's a step in the right direction.