Metaverse Commerce

Mika

VIP Contributor
Metaverse commerce is rising.

Facebook always dreamed of getting into crypto, blockchain, and metaverse. Therefore, it proposed a crypto token called libra and a lot of companies including Paypal formed an organization to develop libra but all companies backed out. Then facebook rebranded libra to diem, but they also dropped the project by selling it to another company. However, facebook’s dream did not end, they rebranded the company as Meta and are working on a couple of blockchaian based projects such as allowing mining on it platform, creating NFT marketplace, and allowing blockchain-based payment.

Amazon, the ecommerce giant, also has a metaverse project. This is actually a 3D game where you can navigate a virtual city and help people solve real problems related to tech through the cloud. Amazon metaverse is an education and sales tool.

Games like Anie Infinity, Sandbox, etc, offer players to explore metaverse and build income through metaverse commerce.

Then there are virtual real estate, where people can buy, sell, hold, and rent their properties and earn money from their investment.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Metaverse commerce is growing big. Metaverse commerce is related to a lot of activities such as buying and selling NFT on various NFT marketplaces, Play-to-Earn games where users spend money to start playing games, collect tokens and NFTs and sell them to make money, or perform other in-game activities like exploring, mining, offering services to boost the commerce in the game, Virtual Real Estate where users can buy real estate properties, sell their properties to make additional income or earn extra money from the activities performed on their properties by other users, and other activities in the metaverse. I read somewhere that online ecommerce marketplaces are also trying to roll out features where the online buyers can explore the marketplace in the virtual environment and make a purchase just like they would do in a normal marketplace. .When NFT marketplace will be rolled out by Meta on his platform, it will certainly boost its metaverse commerce.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
Is metaverse related to gambling because depositing money on a game for earning is gambling and causes addiction to games and recursive playing @Jasmine?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Metaverse commerce or world is building up massively, lots of popular projects online have moved over to Metaverse, NFTs, and it's Blockchain. Facebook owners are just futuristic enough, they rebranded their business around 'Meta, and added amazing Blockchain features that makes users have options to reckon on. Adding a Blockchain payment system is amazing to their platform. Considering metaverse too, is a tremendous option for Facebook. I've seen many projects advertised online going into VR, that's marvelous, they've shown something great, that's the reason for the diversification to Metaverse to make sure their company stays afloat, and generating income steadily and not dropping off. I am yet to get into Metaverse projects, maybe I'll consider that soon, when I see a project that meets my likeness. I loved Axie infinity NFT game, but to register, I just need to be financial stable, and I am nowhere near financial stability to engage in the NFT game.