Manila City employs seniors as doorman in fast food outlets

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I like this innovation of the mayor of Manila in joining hands with the fast food outlets in the city. A memorandum of agreement would cause the fast food outlets in the city to hire at least 2 seniors for the job of a doorman and assistance to the food servers. At first there were detractors who hint that the move is just a political strategy. But the mayor ignored the critics and after a year the program had given a job to many seniors.

I would love the work of a doorman because all they do is to greet the incoming and outgoing customers. Sometimes they also chat with accommodating customer which I see the seniors to be having a nice time in their job. One problem of seniors here is being idle at home and such a job of the doorman is a beneficial occupation.

D

Deleted member 28127

Working at advanced age will let you always busy and not bored for doing nothing, also if you are moving all the day due to work commitment means less chance to be ill because not doing nothing and eating a lot will cause health problem for aged people. Work is available for all ages and then it let you earn satisfaction and learn something new and every time discuss with your collegues.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is good one as the seniors are given jobs again no matter how small at least it will keep them lively and less lonely. But this job of a doorman I hope they don't have to stand for a long time because it would be detrimental to their health I think.