Managing a school.

Daykas

Thanks for all your contribution but I need to ask you guys a question. Do you think teaching should be seen as a passion or a job. Because I am if you see teaching as a job, you many not even her your expected money from it because we all know that teaching is very underpaid especially in African countries. To me, I think teaching should be seen as more of a passion than job or business.
To some people teaching is a passion why to some people it just a means of survival.
But the fact is that where teaching is been taken has a passion,there will be more success rate than where it is taken has a job or business.
Though some people are wise with this because they only business mind of it but they will try to employe those who are passionate about teaching

Timison

As per my own perspective dealing with a school is an excellent business and yet you should be knowledgeable on the grounds that this is an informed climate you should have the option to talk well overall and furthermore the capacity to affect shrewdness on the understudy, dealing with a school it's not tied in with controlling cash alone it's about training, for example, tending to understudies and furthermore tending to the parent and gatekeeper of the kids on the most proficient method to improve their schooling

Adetayo100

You have to be passionate to run a school successful and you need to be very discipline too, school business requires you have a lot of money to start. It is not necessarily you have a building to house the school at first, you can always rent a place and remit the landlord on monthly or yearly basis. Then you get a good and sound teacher to teach the students as this is very important.

D

Deleted member 27126

I work in ibadan as a teacher too. And my school pays well though not what the teachers deserve but it is relatively okay for the economic situation. My school has made name for itself and I don't think it runs again on loans or any other money. The termly of my school is more than 50 million. So that's why I won't agree with you.
I never made claim that it happens to all schools in Ibadan and who knows if your school is an exception? My take is just that the way people look at the building, the paintings, the structure, and everything about a school makes them to conclude that school business is very profitable. And that is the reason I said its not true because what is really going on inside the school is different from what people think is going on.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Your comment is conditional... I quite understand that most business don't begin to flourish in their first year. Also, you mentioned that it's my area, let me burst your bubble, my area is one of the best in Oyo state, Ibadan and there are a lot of great schools here and mind you, I'm currently working as a teacher. So I know about all these that I am saying. What you people see and hear from the outside is totally different from what is really going on inside the school.
I work in ibadan as a teacher too. And my school pays well though not what the teachers deserve but it is relatively okay for the economic situation. My school has made name for itself and I don't think it runs again on loans or any other money. The termly of my school is more than 50 million. So that's why I won't agree with you.

Teatea

Managing a school goes beyond the teaching, of course teaching is very crucial, if your teaching doesn't produce result in the students, parents would withdraw their wards from your school. But there are also other things like the learning environment, you need to invest do much in this area, because learning can only take place effectively when the environment and atmosphere is conducive for the students and teachers.

D

Deleted member 27126

It depends on your areas. The very first year may be the hardest. There is really money in education of you have gained your stand and you have won the parents hearts. The place where I work have parents like politicians bringing their children to my school. In fact, there is no average parents in the school I work for. Jusy like other capitalist investment, the workers cannot get what they really deserve.
Your comment is conditional... I quite understand that most business don't begin to flourish in their first year. Also, you mentioned that it's my area, let me burst your bubble, my area is one of the best in Oyo state, Ibadan and there are a lot of great schools here and mind you, I'm currently working as a teacher. So I know about all these that I am saying. What you people see and hear from the outside is totally different from what is really going on inside the school.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
As someone who had worked as a teacher in both Nursery school and secondary school for not less than seven years, permit me to disagree a bit with your first statement that school business is a lucrative business. In fact, from the inside it is worse than the way it is seen from the outside. Most of these schools are being run with loan either from banks or cooperative society. The main reason behind this is that the parents do not really pay their children's fees like that plus the fact that the school business is saturated already.
It depends on your areas. The very first year may be the hardest. There is really money in education of you have gained your stand and you have won the parents hearts. The place where I work have parents like politicians bringing their children to my school. In fact, there is no average parents in the school I work for. Jusy like other capitalist investment, the workers cannot get what they really deserve.

marcusfe

School business is a pure human management business. Whoever that doesn't have human management capacity should not bother to go into the business at all. It is competitive business that require that you stand out in everything in order to acquire more clients.

D

Deleted member 27126

School business is a very lucrative business. But this business can only thrive when there is passion. Passion for teaching will let you have more recommendations from people that will bring their wards for admission. School can be managed as a creche, nursery, primary and secondary. We need to have a competent and qualified teachers to showcase the popularity and even the efficient of the school.
What your thought about school.
As someone who had worked as a teacher in both Nursery school and secondary school for not less than seven years, permit me to disagree a bit with your first statement that school business is a lucrative business. In fact, from the inside it is worse than the way it is seen from the outside. Most of these schools are being run with loan either from banks or cooperative society. The main reason behind this is that the parents do not really pay their children's fees like that plus the fact that the school business is saturated already.

Victor001

Managing a school is one of the most difficult task to embark on,the school is the people that actually makes up the school, imagine running a school with different characters of people and different backgrounds,settling issues and making amendment and adjustment that will not hinder progress. Providing security and protection on a daily basis.alot of discipline is important.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
To some people teaching is a passion why to some people it just a means of survival.
But the fact is that where teaching is been taken has a passion,there will be more success rate than where it is taken has a job or business.
Though some people are wise with this because they only business mind of it but they will try to employe those who are passionate about teaching
You are not far from the truth. The school owners always make sure them employed people that are very passionate about teaching. The passion will keep them going even whey they know that they are underpaid. I have taught in a school where the proprietress will be telling us that if we know we are looking for money, we should her school. That she is only looking for someone with passion for teaching.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
School business is a very lucrative business. But this business can only thrive when there is passion. Passion for teaching will let you have more recommendations from people that will bring their wards for admission. School can be managed as a creche, nursery, primary and secondary. We need to have a competent and qualified teachers to showcase the popularity and even the efficient of the school.
What your thought about school.

Daykas

First thing about school management is to have a capital that will reach for the 90%-100% of the project.
Then you seek for government approval and once you are giving that,you are surely good to go.
Then you need a good experience and qualified people to work with.
With all this you are good to go

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Thanks for all your contribution but I need to ask you guys a question. Do you think teaching should be seen as a passion or a job. Because I am if you see teaching as a job, you many not even her your expected money from it because we all know that teaching is very underpaid especially in African countries. To me, I think teaching should be seen as more of a passion than job or business.

Rachelgold

To manage a school properly requires that you must have had an experience in the teaching profession, you are not just going to manage students but staffs as well so knowing how to relate well with students an staff will help. Also you must be a good financial manager as well

Segat

to manage a school is not easy ,before you can be able to manage or run a school very well or smoothly you have to be very smart and you have to much know about education and be an experienced expert.
You have a very good point in the area of smartness but you don't necessarily need to be an expert in education, you can only have business knowledge and employ the service of an education expert, then you will see the school growing. It will not work if you don't have the knowledge and you didn't engage an expert.

Segat

School business is one of the most lucrative business around these days especially in the developing countries because of the failure of the government however it's management could be tedious as it involves hard work and diligence. To manage it properly you must see the learners as your biological children, with that you will be able to deal with other things.

Dorcey

to manage a school is not easy ,before you can be able to manage or run a school very well or smoothly you have to be very smart and you have to much know about education and be an experienced expert.

Georgeadawara

To manage a school is something that has to do with an educational aspects to manage a business like school it needs an educated parson to control it an that person has to be an experience person on the aspects of teaching line and one thing is that you need to make the standard of your academic to be perfect.