Managing a boxer or a mixed martial arts fighter

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This may sound an unusual investment but read on so you will know the details. When Manny Pacquiao was a budding boxer he had no manager. But when he started winning in the local boxing a manager took in Pacquiao. He could freely train in the gym and was given an allowance for his food. An athlete needs good nutrition especially those in combat sports.

History tells us that Pacquiao became a legend in boxing by winning the championship belt in 8 weight divisions. He was earning $1 million to $10 million in purse. The manager gets 20% of the purse so you can imagine how rich the manager had become. Investing in a boxer or a mixed martial arts fighter is a big gamble but once the athlete wins a championship money will be coming in.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I am not into any kind of sports, I do watch football but that's only during the world cup. I was not aware that a boxer's manager could earn 20 percent of what the boxer earned. If that's true, I think there is a lot of money to be made by becoming a manager for a boxer, a mixed martial fighter, or any kind of sports person.

Setho

VIP Contributor
If you're going to do this then I think you are mostly going to run into something like a charity organisation instead. Or maybe you can set up a boxing school where parents can come and enroll their kids and they will be coached and guided out throughout there boxing career and make money from the fees they pay.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The only problem about this investment is how to scout for good boxer and from the look of things, thus investment may seem expensive considering the fact that the boxer has to feed and live well and the medical check up of the boxer as well. But it sounds lucrative.