Making Money from Website: CPA Ads Vs. CPM Ads

Mika

VIP Contributor
CPA Ads are popular monetization options for bloggers and website owners. If CPA ads worked for you, you might earn a lot of money from one ad conversion. CPA means Cost Per Action. The word Action refers to the activities like sign up, purchase etc. In other words, CPA ads are the ads where the publishers will earn when the visitors click on the ad and perform action. One of the common type of CPA ads are affiliate ads.

CPM ads are also popular monetization solution for bloggers. Sometimes CPM ads are considered the best option for making from your blog and website because you do not need engagement on your ad to earn, as long as people come to your site and the ad is displayed on your web page, you will earn from CPM ads. The visitors do not have to click on the ads or buy the product advertised by the ad for the publisher to earn. Each visit will earn you something.

Last edited:

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I think I have read in another forum one of your threads about the ad providers like Infolink. If my site has many ads of different providers then that would give me more chances of earnings. Maybe it is the number of visitors that would matter regardless if the ad is CPA or CPM.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
They all have their merits and demerits. When it comes to CPA ads you need people to click on those Ads and purchase products or sign up through the Ads placement. If you don't have anyone to buy directly from the CPA ads you won't earn money. But in CPM Ads you'll earn as far as people visit your website and the Ads are place on all corners of the website.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I think I have read in another forum one of your threads about the ad providers like Infolink. If my site has many ads of different providers then that would give me more chances of earnings. Maybe it is the number of visitors that would matter regardless if the ad is CPA or CPM.
using a lot of ads does not mean you will be earning a lot of money. What ultimately matters is traffic. As long as you receive traffic, you can earn from any type of ads. However, sometimes you can maximize your revenue when you are using different kinds of ads. For example, you earn from CPM from visits only but in order to earn from CPC you need clicks.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
using a lot of ads does not mean you will be earning a lot of money. What ultimately matters is traffic. As long as you receive traffic, you can earn from any type of ads. However, sometimes you can maximize your revenue when you are using different kinds of ads. For example, you earn from CPM from visits only but in order to earn from CPC you need clicks.
What if you gather lots of visits, and your traffic is very high via your website, but they don't click on your ads. Will you be able to make anything from their steady visits without clicking on those ads?? I'm just too curious, cos not everyone who enters into a website love clicking on Ads, even when they see genuine reason on it, they don't still click on it.

Mika

VIP Contributor
The CPM ad networks pay a certain amount for 1000 ad impression. Comparatively, CPM rates will be very low. If you can get $5 for 1000 impression, you can count yourself lucky. However, CPA ads are high paying, you can easily earn 5-10 percent of the price of the product advertised. If the visitor clicks on the ads and buys the products advertised by the ad, the publisher will earn a lot of money.