Finance Making ends meet when you lose your job

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Especially for a white collar job, it is not easy to get employed so the budget is tightened to the extent of inconvenience. Of course, you need to apply for another job and while doing that you also need to earn some money on the side. Working online is the usual advice but the earnings are minimal.

My suggestion for quick money is selling anything that you can sell. It can be food items, personal accessories or even kitchen and household items. The target market would be the people near your home so you will not incur added expense on the transportation. So many in our neighborhood are selling food items and cooked food, soap, shampoo, cooking oil, eggs, bread, etc. It is amazing to see people who lost their jobs are into selling just to earn money. And I’d say that is really fantastic and encouraging. It made me realize that we can reinvent ourselves to be a salesman with not much learning.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
That is why I encourage everyone that is working for either a private firm to have a good digital skill as a back-up work because this can actually help you when you lose your job because of one reason or the other, as for me I don't only rely on one skill. I need to have as many skills as possible.

Mellorando

Banned
This one might be frustrated when he or she loses his or her job that is why I personally urge people to learn a skill because let me make you work for yourself not for someone else although you can render services to someone but you can never be sacked from duty because the skill u've learned is stocked with you

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Especially for a white collar job, it is not easy to get employed so the budget is tightened to the extent of inconvenience. Of course, you need to apply for another job and while doing that you also need to earn some money on the side. Working online is the usual advice but the earnings are minimal.

My suggestion for quick money is selling anything that you can sell. It can be food items, personal accessories or even kitchen and household items. The target market would be the people near your home so you will not incur added expense on the transportation. So many in our neighborhood are selling food items and cooked food, soap, shampoo, cooking oil, eggs, bread, etc. It is amazing to see people who lost their jobs are into selling just to earn money. And I’d say that is really fantastic and encouraging. It made me realize that we can reinvent ourselves to be a salesman with not much learning.
To make end meet sometimes use to be very hard especially when you are not gainfully employ as a government workers.
And some time when you are even employed and the money received as a salary is very small compare to the expenses incured and even sometimes one might have collected so many loans before the arrival of salary. Things is not easy at all with many people.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
This could be one of the most challenging time in the life of every worker because you need to come and rearrange your life and start looking for employment, it is always better for you to have a backup skill in case one fail you can rely on the other one for that short period of time.

Queentener

Losing a job that pays the bills is not usually an easy thing, if care is not taken one can slip into depression. So I usually advice people to always have second option, which is second source of income because nothing is guaranteed in life, if there is a second source of income and one losses a job it's easier than one starting a business when one is out of job.

Samuel72

Verified member
It is very depressing when you loose your job especially when it is only source of living. Though people are learning fast as they do jobs and have a personal business too so incase they loss the job the business will be there to cover up, more like a back up plan. Having a back up plan in like generally is necessary Incase of any issues like this one.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
It is not advisable to have one source of income especially when you are employed by a private company. I have seen an instance where someone who is employed lost his job and he became jobless and broke. This is why it is good for people to have more than one source of income in case of things like this. The internet has even made it easier for people to have digital skills that will fetch them money.