Making and selling chili sauce from red pepper for a small business

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This idea is for those with a backyard where you can raise red pepper plants. A 5 square meters of garden can give you a good yield of red pepper that you can use for making chilli sauce that you can sell in bottles.

IMG_8240 sili.JPG
The basic ingredients for the chili sauce are freshly harvested red pepper, vinegar, salt and sugar. You can add tomato sauce if you prefer the color to be fully red. The cooking is to fry the red pepper in cooking oil then add the salt and sugar before adding the vinegar. Cooking time is approximately 5 minutes. Let it cool before putting in a bottle. You can get a guide for the pricing by checking the price of chili sauce in the store near you. A home-made chili sauce doesn’t need a professional label.

Setho

VIP Contributor
If you want to set up this business I think it is actually a good one provided you have a good customer base and a good location to sell to. I am actually much more concerned about whether or not you'll have a valuable feedstock because the size of the land that you mentioned is not going to be enough to provide you with a all year round

Mika

VIP Contributor
I have my own chili sauce recipe. I would like to explore my idea someday and sell my packaged chili sauce. I don't know how it goes in other countries, in my home country, in order to sell packaged food, you need a label and provide necessary details on ingredients and also show company registration number.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have no interest in cooking. I cannot imagine myself creating a food product and sell food product. But I think I can sell food products if I want to. I have a lot of followers on social media and by promoting my products on social media, I think I can easily sell products.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
This really look good and am even salivating it without tasting yet. Though any thing that is edible like this needed to be position in a rightful place so that one can easily sell it. And any thing that is edible use to sell very fast because one must eat in order to be healthy.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
You would actually make more gains most especially when you are selling the harvested pepper that you planted and not the one you bought to make the chill sauce ,the business actually looks good for me ,I have friends who are into that kind of business and they are earning a lot

dagm

This looks delicious, and I'm salivating even though I haven't tried it yet. Though anything appetizing, such as this, must be placed in the proper location so that it can be easily sold. And anything appetizing used to sell quickly because one had to eat to stay healthy and i love eating

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
This looks delicious, and I'm salivating even though I haven't tried it yet. Though anything appetizing, such as this, must be placed in the proper location so that it can be easily sold. And anything appetizing used to sell quickly because one had to eat to stay healthy and i love eating
People actually loves healthy food and when food like this well packaged ,it would definitely get more customers interest , they would want to purchase more of what you are selling ,I will try the ingredients just as he have stated and see if I can make the needed sauce I am willing to make

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
This seems like a good idea to me. However, it seems like this kind of business is usually conducted at a higher level. I mean there are already so many companies and big manufacturers who are involved in chili source and ketchup manufacturing business. I do not think that it would be wise to start this business at a small level.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
This seems like a good idea to me. However, it seems like this kind of business is usually conducted at a higher level. I mean there are already so many companies and big manufacturers who are involved in chili source and ketchup manufacturing business. I do not think that it would be wise to start this business at a small level.
small level.
It's never bad to start on a small level , because most of those big companies of today that are producing it actually started on a small level and now they have grown very big ,which is a very good dealing in different way and levels I think so it's very much possible to start on small benefit and earn money little by little