Making a Realistic Revenue Goal for Your Blog

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
No matter what you do, you need to have a goal. When you have a goal, it will be easy to become successful. As far as your blogging career is concerned, you need to have a goal with your blog, and one of the primary goals can be related to revenue

I started blogging about five years ago. In my initial day of blogging, my goal was to earn at least $1 per day. It took me more than 9 months to reach that goal. When I was able to reach that goal, my second target was making $5 per day.

Currently, my goal is to earn $20 per day from my blog. Sometimes I manage to reach my goal and sometimes I don’t even earn half of my target goal. I currently earn from Adsense ads, Amazon affiliate ads, private ads, and sponsorship.

Start with small gals, like making $1 per day, and the move to higher goals like making $10 per day.

Mika

VIP Contributor
When I started blogging, my initial plan was to make $100 per month. In order to make that money, I should be making $3.33 every day. However, when I started blogging only then did I understand how hard it is to make money through blogging. For a lot of people blogging is all about writing, however, blogging is more than writing. In order to make $1 per day, you might need 2-3K daily traffic through reputed sources. Currently, I make more than what I initially planned, however, my target is to make $1000 per month from my blog, in order to do that I need to make at least $30 per month. Actually, I manage to make that amount not only through my blog but through a lot of things. I do a variety of things such as blogging, vlogging, product sales, marketing, and so on. I work 10 hours per day on average.

Shaf

Verified member
If only bloggers would stop making false exaggerations of how much one can earn from blogging.

The problem is that most people search for ways to make money online, then blogging comes up as an option and it is made to look so simple and fast. Like, simply post 20 articles on your blog and viola! The money starts coming in. This false claims make newbies to have unrealistic expectations about how much they can really make blogging.

My first blog was free, and then I moved to paid hosting and realized that it needs as much work as a full time job initially to do. It wouldn't have been a problem if I had the time (I was working full time with a newborn), and if I had the necessary resources. I eventually let the domain name expire without renewing and used the skills learnt to focus on writing gigs which is easier and more flexible for me.