Make Money Importing Clothes From the US.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Importing clothes from the US can be very lucrative if done well, which is what this article is going to cover, you might decide to add accessories like jewelries, watches and headband.

There are different websites to use for purchase both conventional ones like Amazon or ebay and unconventional ones like offerUp, craiglist and Facebook market place which is what we are going to talk about today.

Launch your Facebook on your mobile phone or PC, navigate the market place icon on the app and click it, for this tutorial let's pick a city in US as a case study, you'll click the little icon on the bottom right which is a small map icon, it'll open an in-app map, click the input field at the top and input 'Chicago' the press enter, you'll realize that the contents on the page have changed to items sold in Chicago area and items are sorted accordingly, scroll down untill you reach the clothes sub.

Click on the sub and take note of the clothes that you'd like to buy, most clothes are like new, some are barely used but you'll surely see a lot of good deals, screenshot your selection and send to your preferred shipper, there are a lot of shippers from US to any country you are, you can get this info by a simple google search.

Your shipper will help you to close the deal and send your items down to where we live, you can repackage your clothes and sell to boutiques and individuals.

Importing clothes from the United States or the UK to sell it here for profit is a lucrative business and most people are doing it already, the challenge most people are likely to face in this business is how to import the the products to arrive here safely in Nigeria.. well you have to learn and stand how the business really work before you can think of engaging ,so that you can know how to source for quality products and how to buy it at the cheaper rates to sell it for profit.. it will require some capital from you.

@Sotherefore I agree, shipping can be a pain sometimes for this business.

But currently with a little search on Google you'll be able to find some decent ones with good reviews and you can equally go to nairaland and search for trusted shippers from US and the UK, it's more preferred because you'll get to read real life experience from people that hard their services.

Another thing is, people going into this business should note that, they should opt for shipping through the sea not airplane shipping, in doing this you'll reduce the shipping expenses by the barest minimum but using this method will your good's arrival a little late because sea shipping is generally slower compared to airplane.

@Sotherefore I agree, shipping can be a pain sometimes for this business.

But currently with a little search on Google you'll be able to find some decent ones with good reviews and you can equally go to nairaland and search for trusted shippers from US and the UK, it's more preferred because you'll get to read real life experience from people that hard their services.

Another thing is, people going into this business should note that, they should opt for shipping through the sea not airplane shipping, in doing this you'll reduce the shipping expenses by the barest minimum but using this method will your good's arrival a little late because sea shipping is generally slower compared to airplane.
ok I understand , it's depends on certain condition that will determine which one you should go for, if you need it immediately it is possible for you to go for Express shipping because that is just the surest way of having your product delivered to your country immediately, but since you may not be in a hurry there is no problem you can be have it go for , as for nairaland I understand it is one of the best website I have been using to check out a lot of news and gist. Apart from using nairaland What of some delivery company that can be able to deliver your product directly to your country .I am sure we have them .

@Sotherefore Express shipping does become handy when you have started expanding your business because people already identify you with the kind of business you do, some might have custom orders.

Well, apart from nairaland there are some shipping companies that would be very helpful, they can help in even paying the buyers and procuring the items.

Chrisvicmall.com this company is a well known shipping company with over 10 years experience in the industry, you'll just send them the link of what you want and they'll help you ship it.

Tugrow1688.com I've personally used this company and I'll say there services are average and they're more into China. Importation.

@Sotherefore Express shipping does become handy when you have started expanding your business because people already identify you with the kind of business you do, some might have custom orders.

Well, apart from nairaland there are some shipping companies that would be very helpful, they can help in even paying the buyers and procuring the items.

Chrisvicmall.com this company is a well known shipping company with over 10 years experience in the industry, you'll just send them the link of what you want and they'll help you ship it.

Tugrow1688.com I've personally used this company and I'll say there services are average and they're more into China. Importation.
Tugrow are for those that are interested in ordering for product from China but I am in need of a situation in which I have to order product directly from the UK as a UK used product or second hand to sell it here for profit, a lot of people are doing it already and I have a lot of them that are able get items from US and the UK and send it here to Nigeria and sell it for a higher profit, but the best thing is that anyone that is interested to go into this type of business need to learn it first and understand how it's really work.

You cannot import clothes from the US and sell in African countries or Asian countries. When I say selling in African and Asian countries, I am referring to lower income countries like Nigeria, Sudan, Bangladesh, Pakistan, even India. US imported clothes are expensive and people in lower income countries cannot afford these clothes. The best country to import clothes is China and Bangladesh. These countries manufacture clothes for cheap price. China clothes are imported in the US and Bangladesh manufactures clothes for brands like Zara.

Importing clothes from firs world countries and selling them to third-world countries cannot be considered a profitable business unless you are marketing to a niche market. If you are trying to sell to rich people, celebrities who are constantly looking for imported products, you might be able to make money. But you cannot mss sell your products.