Major characteristics of living things.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
As we all could testify to the fact that human beings are living things but have you ever wondered what are the characteristics that makes us a living thing or what features do we exhibit that classified as as living things . majority of us are familiar with the characteristics of living things and put simply the below formula is the abbreviation of the characteristics or features of what a living thing is : MR NIGER D . To be more elaborate they are both formula could be transcribe and written in words as movement , respiration , nutrition , irritability , growth , excretion , reproduction and death .

merely thinking about it , we are already convinced that they above qualities , characteristics , or features are exactly what makes us living thing , but apart from all of these what are the major characteristics of a living thing , in other words , what are the most relevant characteristics of living things . Well , below are just three of them .

RESPIRATION : respiration is the act of human beings to breathe In oxygen through the nose which passes through the nasal tendons today human lungs which is later transformed into carbon dioxide and is later released out from the nose . This feature of living thing is very crucial , and as we know someone who is not respirating is said to be dead or permanently unconscious .

NUTRITION : this is also another major important feature of living thing nutrition has to do with the ability for human beings to feed . We all are familiar with why feeding is important for our survival as human beings . When a human being cannot feed properly he is said to be malnutritioned which in turns has devastating and negative effect on his or her health .

EXCRETION : the process of excretion have to do with the ability for human beings to release waste product out from the bodies in the form of liquid and solid . The major waste product removals we have in our body includes : our skin , private parts , anus etc .

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This is a reminder to some of the basic information we might have forgetten as we grow up. I couldn't fathom the essence of this characteristics until I became a little bit older and I realized that all what they wrote there are normal routine that every living thing will pass through.

However, I felt little convince them when it got to excretion. I couldn't believe my eyes when I later learnt that feaces is never part of excetion waste products. In facts, it is not really categorized as a waste products. It has its own name. That's the essence of research.

Another thing about this is that adaptability is considered as one of the characteristics of living thing. Though, it has not really been included but it may be included. Human beings and even living things I'm general are capable of adapting to every situation whether it is physical, emotional and even psychological. Most our features are even designed for this adaptability.

There are also some that poster didn't mention for sole reasons and just like the title said, I will like to contradict that as there is none out of these features that are not important. In fact, their level of importance is almost the same if not the same. There are also movement, reproduction, irritability and few more .