Litecoin (LTC) The Cryptocurrency Status !

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
1610384358792.png
Litecoin was created on 7 October 2011 by a Google employee Charlie Lee as project fork of Bitcoin. It was written in C++, it is open source P2P crypto.

Litecoin utilize on proof-of-work (POW) algorithm which is same as Bitcoin, Litecoin was the first cryptocurrency which used scrypt hash function which is different from Bitcoin's SHA-256.

Litecoin's Symbol is Ł and Ticker is LTC. Block reward of Litecoin is 12.5 LTC every four years till August 2023 and Block time is 2.5 minutes.

Litecoin is still active ans is among the top 5 cryptocurrencies in coin market. Maximum supply of litecoin is 84 million LTC, Currently there are more than 66 million LTC circulating in the coin market.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Of all the coins that could Serve as an alternative to Bitcoin, I think litecoin is the next and most reliable especially for people who are interested in a long term investment but do not have enough money to purchase Bitcoin or ethereum. Though it is not a coin that makes significant rise in price, so investors would definitely have to bear this in mind.
I am considering receiving my next Forumcoin payment via litecoin, since it seems to have more potentials than Bitcoin cash that I have been using all this while.

The price is slowly rising, so let's hope it's going to see at least a 100per cent increase this year.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Of all the coins that could Serve as an alternative to Bitcoin, I think litecoin is the next and most reliable especially for people who are interested in a long term investment but do not have enough money to purchase Bitcoin or ethereum. Though it is not a coin that makes significant rise in price, so investors would definitely have to bear this in mind.
I am considering receiving my next Forumcoin payment via litecoin, since it seems to have more potentials than Bitcoin cash that I have been using all this while.

The price is slowly rising, so let's hope it's going to see at least a 100per cent increase this year.
Litecoin is a good crypto, and well known, I had litoshi in my accounts but they are all gone when the microwallet closed without sending notice via email. Litecoin is still a good crypto, it was once at $400, but was dropped. However, there are still chance in it. You can use it for trading, or just use it as a crypto to buy something with merchants who accept cryptocurrencies (if price rise, you'll buy more or there would be loss, so all risks have to be taken care.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
LTC isn't on top 5, it has moved out of the top five even out of the top 10 lately. Its over three months now i last saw LTC ranked around top 10 coins in the market base on marketcap. Even though traders always love using it for transactions cos of its low gas fees and fast track transaction time in the blockchair. I enjoy using LTC when it comes to payment sending out and receiving as well.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Litecoin is one of the major coins I would have loved to invest in, if I had actually made my decision to invest in it during 2019/2020.....When it was around #20,000 in my country's currency but I was in a dillydallying situation, so couldn't come up with a good decision to buy and keep. But I know it's never too late to invest in it now. Even though I have little already, I will still stack more lol

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Litecoin was once 3rd most popular cryptocurrency after bitcoin and Ethereum, in the year 2018, when Bitcoin was 6k, Litecoin was 400$; however the then LTC transaction fees was so high that people stopped to invest in it, resulting a sharp drop in its price. Now the transaction cost is 1 cent, so now people started loving it again.​

Mika

VIP Contributor
The only problem I see with litecoin is the market price. Litecoin is the second crypto currency to be created after bitcoin, and the first altcoin. It has been 10 years since the coin was created, however, the market price is not very attractive. A lot of currencies that were created later have toppled liteocin in terms of market value.

Josemendez

Verified member
Litecoin was created to offer alternative to bitcoin due to it's low transaction fee ,but the fact is that it cannot compete with bitcoin even with the low fee advantage. The coin has not really rise in the past one month. There was a time we saw a rise in it's price bearing up to $300 but later fall below $200. Despite these things , I still believe in the future if this coin.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Litecoins is one of my favorite coins because it has an incredibly low fees and it is being accepted by many online money earning site. Unfortunately, it is not so easy to mine this coin as the difficulty levels of mining this coin are very high and mining it would require a lot of expensive hardware. It still has a good future as it reached its highest peak this year. I believe its price will rise more for sure in the coming time.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have been reading about Litecoin in other forums but it looks like an underdog to me compared to other crypto coins. Maybe it is not that popular in those forums but if the price would benefit the traders then I guess it will grab the limelight from Doge and Shib Inu which are now going down in popularity.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Litecoin is one of those coins i am holding for long , because of how optimistic i am on the price increase of the coin , there are more potential of the coin reaching ethereum height in long run , so investimg now that its at the dip is never a bar idea because profit would be earned