Listen to your Silent Customers too

raaman

Valued Contributor
If you have a business, it is very much possible that you have realized that there are certain customers who disappear overnight without any trace. It is what is known as the silent customers.

You may say that no customer has made any complaint so for. However, that a customer does not complain is not an indication that they are satisfied with your service or the products you offer.

The silent customer can be even worse than the complaining customer, because they give you no clue as to why they are unhappy. Therefore, you have to try to find out that silent customer and listen to him.

Kennysplash

Verified member
It is true that there people that patronise you and then disappear, but there should no such thing as silent customer or what did you call it. Me particularly, if I make a purchase I always give feedback when necessary whether it is favourable or not. It is a way of getting back to the vendors about their products and services, which is a good thing to do. They will see where they are lacking and find ways to improve. But if I just disappear they would not know what is wrong. We are not the same and we see things differently, what i see maybe different from what they see. So if I tell them how I feel about their products and services I am helping out their business.

Jnr

If you have a business, it is very much possible that you have realized that there are certain customers who disappear overnight without any trace. It is what is known as the silent customers.

You may say that no customer has made any complaint so for. However, that a customer does not complain is not an indication that they are satisfied with your service or the products you offer.

The silent customer can be even worse than the complaining customer, because they give you no clue as to why they are unhappy. Therefore, you have to try to find out that silent customer and listen to him.
Wow, heat

Wow healthy advice man.

Olajidey

This is an interesting thread. i believe the best way to stop customer from leaving without no trace is by having suggestion box located somewhere around the business premises reason is that some business owner see it as insult if a customer complain or advice them on a particular issue or how dissatisfied they are about the service. But if there is a suggestion box, the customer will just write what he/she feels like to pen down inside the suggestion box and the issue of you facing someone to lay down your complain is out of it, so with this i beleive the silent customer will be able to contribute and the business owner will be able to work along with the suggestion/advice being dropped by the customer.
i remember this, some customer might be shy to speak out, and they will conclude on leaving than saying what they have to say.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Thanks so much I think I have an idea of the points you are trying to arrive at but sometimes if you said we should follow the silence customer how do you want us to follow them because most of them might not as you said want to voice out the problem or what they are not satisfied, how should we know when they are not satisfied ?so I think you should have explained the best way we should follow up this set of customers in our businesses

Seyesystem

This is an interesting topic which we open so many business owner eyes to give attention to all their customers, to me there is no small customer every customers must be given attention by doing this we make you to know more about your customers. Effective communication with customers will let you know their minds and what they want and what they don't want this we definitely create a smooth relationship between the organisation and the customers. There must be a very good customer care service in the organisation with effective communication between the department and the customers by doing this we increase the Sales of the organisation which will result into an increase in the daily profit. Silent customers must be taking serious because you can never know their mind but when there is effective communication between the organisation and the silent customers they will definitely pour out their minds which necessary action will be taking by the organisation.