Leaving Your Job To Become Self Employed

Corinthianus

Why do you want to quit? Ask yourself that first. Where do you see yourself in 5 years? In 10 years? What did you graduate in and what kind of job makes you money? Are you quitting because you want more free time or is it a question of money? In this economy, quitting right away without a definite plan would be difficult. I suggest you answer all these questions first if you're not sure yet save up about 6 months worth of pay then think about quitting then. I wish you well in your endeavors. Why

marcusfe

I will advice you don't quite you job yet because a birth at hand is better than thousands in the bush. You should thread carefully to make your decision here. It is also good to do self employed especially a freelancer because I've been there before. What I tell you is to first start the freelancing work as a part time while you continue working with your job concurrently. Ensure you build a stable and huge customer base in your freelancing work until the load is too much for you to bear then you can now decide to quit your job and face the freelancing fully.

Peppul

I believe this is most of the plans of many people to be able to setup their own businesses in the future, that's why we try as much as possible to save up capitals for out business so that we self can be our own boss. No body will want to be earning 70k while working all through the week when they can be a business owner where they are able to manage their time. Altgough we have different categories of people and some just prefer to work all through their lives without even thinking of starting a business as long as they are comfortable with their earnings and can meet up with their needs. But for me my main aim is to work to save up capital so I can have my own business, once am able to get that capital I have no option than to leave my job to build my business.

Sammy01

You earn 700k monthly? That's huge for a worker. Anyway it's up to you, but I will advice you to still work under that company so you can save a lot to start the freelance job. At the end the freelance writer job will pay more. Just continue saving first.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
What do you think about quitting your job to become a freelacer website desiner. I want to leave my current job though it pays me well i earn about 700k monthly but am still not sure if freelacer jobs really pays well.
I think that you should only leave your job and become self employed after you have found a stable way to earn a living from self employment. There are many stories I have read about people regretting quitting their jobs for something that is not paying well, you would not want to experience that. So take your time and find something that actually works for you. That means that while you are working in your current job, you could be doing something on the side. Then when the side business is working well, you can leave the job and concentrate in it.

Woow woow woow. That is a huge step that you are taking. Leaving a job that pays around 700k for a designer self employed job? Well, know one thing, this life is all about the choice you make. There are questions you need to ask yourself and also answer before changing your job to another. Questions like.... Will this new job pay me higher than my current job? This is a very important question to answer because you ought to increase and not decrease..
Another question to ask is... Will I have more time for my family and other things with this new job..
Will I be more stressed out with this new job? These are questions you need to answer before taking that job leap.

Kapazität

Well I think it's unfair and unbelievable sir
Leaving a job that pays you as high as 700k for another which you do not have any clue about.

Unless there are any other reasons, I think :
First, you need to understand this new business of yours, study it, make some investigations know if you want to Learn

Ask questions like

Do I have what it takes to venture into this?
Will there be completions?

Will I be able to adapt?

Is this my passion?

How long will it take to get to the top?

Answer three without diligently and think over it
Please sir I need you to think about it seriously?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When we had a boutique in front of our home my wife said that she would resign from her office job when the boutique would be earning good. She wanted to handle the store because she enjoys selling. Unfortunately the boutique did not do well that we had to close it before the 1st year anniversary. My wife continued with her job and I can say that it is a blessing because after many years with the company she has reached an executive position now. Of course, her salary is quite big that I don't think the boutique even if it sells well cannot earn that amount in profits. Sometimes luck plays a big role in our career and in our life.

Josemendez

Verified member
Since you have an offline job that pays you well , why will you want to engage in an online job that you can't predict it's outcome?.

Secondly , one of the good thing about online earning , especially free lancing is the fact that one do not really need to depend on it. You can engage in free lancing whenever you are free.

Infact to me , I think it will be added advantage to you , for being able to earn both online and offline .

So , since you have no job online yet , don't quit your present job until you feel that online earning is far better than your offline job

Nova

I know a lot of people went through this route. And this year already many people are losing their jobs. And the bills are piling up slowly. And there is not much we can do about it. So being self employed and also investing the time in building the business can be a good start. Though I am not sure how that would pan out. I personally think that there are always going to be things that may affect our life, so we have to be more or less be open towards new things.

It may be kind of obvious that there are lot of people going through the business and startup route. And people are going to be making more of self employed path instead of the jobs in near future.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
What do you think about quitting your job to become a freelacer website desiner. I want to leave my current job though it pays me well i earn about 700k monthly but am still not sure if freelacer jobs really pays well.
I'm also still thinking of quitting my job too to work full time online but for now I'm testing the waters to be sure if it is feasible for me. For you, you can apply same. You need to work for about 2-3 months minimum to be sure you will have enough clients that will net you more than that monthly. Don't just start what you might regret later. So make a concrete plan and be sure that it is working before you quit your job. But I will have prefer you combined the two if you can since your job pays you this much.

Martinsx

Quitting one's job is somehow challenging if you are not getting enough money from freelance work. It's why most people don't fancy only working as freelancer, they add it up as a supplement means of getting more money added to the one they earn from their full time job.

Zeus20

This cant be applied to all people, because having a job for others it a big blessing because through it they can earn money continuously, while on self employment you don't know if you will earn enough for your family. But my tip is, why don't you just continue your job then save money then start a business. I know it is possible to continue the job while doing a business, then leave your job if you think your business is already stable.

Tonedo

jasminemax

Leaving job to become self employed is one thing that most people considering nowadays. Due to the hectic 9-5 job day to day life is becoming very stressfull, which is one of the main reasons people consider quitting their jobs. Being self employed on the other side is quite unpredictable but is energizing and less stressful and at the same time one can reach maximum heights in their life being self employed rather than a normal job.

agbuyarashel

Wow! It's good to know that you have the guts to quit your job and focus on freelancing. If you really feel like you can do good just by freelancing and you feel like you can make it then go but make sure you have plan B if it doesn't work. I suggest that you make an investment or other way of earning just to be sure.

I can see that you really are dedicated on your freelancing because you are not afraid to take risk and have a strong belief. Good luck!

Klint

How about you stay on your job and also do freelance work? You know, for extra income. I mean 700k is already a great amount, and if you also work as a freelancer then you will have more money. In this way, you won't regret leaving your job if being a freelance doesn't work out fine for you.

Martinsx

I'm sure you have a good reason for considering quitting your job. Going out on your own as a freelancer is a terrifying prospect as everything now depends only on you and on your efforts. Why not start gradually? First setup your online workplace and begin advertising. Start getting and doing freelance projects on the side and when you have built a big enough client base who recognise the quality of your work and have become repeat customers, you can then quit your job and go freelance full time.

This is actually something very interesting to take into consideration before deciding on a quitting from your office job and go into freelance business. Online jobs are somehow unpredictable, if you are not certain of its progress in generating money and profits for you, it wouldn't be a nice idea to quit your job just yet.