Business Ideas laundry business is it very profitable

Good luck

Verified member
The Laundry Business is quite a very good and lucrative business because a lot of people are very busy to do laundry due to their busy schedule and the only alternative that is available is to take their clothes to a laundry man to sort it out.though a lot of people have a washing machine at home but the time to do it is not there.

Setho

VIP Contributor
Laundry business can be a very successful and lucrative one because you basically just need water and electricity in order to continue with your work. This will indicate that you are not going to spend thousands of dollars in order to start a business in the first place.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Laundry business is a good one but is one of the types that chooses location and some other conditions to make it work out great the person doing it. If you want to succeed in it, do not make the mistake of establishing it in a rural area, make sure you are located in an urban area, in fact it should be a place where the elites live, what I mean by that is the wealthy people. These are the people that can easily patronize you, one can also make good sales in a student area, a place very close to school and hostels.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Laundry business is still profitable if you are closer to a place where you have a lot of hotel. Most of the hospitality businesses and looking for external business that will help them to do laundry on larger scale. You can simply create opportunity to render the service to those hotels if you have them in abundance in your city.
You are very correct my brother! Just as I have commented in my last post....To be successful at doing or offering laundry services we need to choose a viable and rich location to boost our sales but I don't think you can see any well functioning hotels that are not offering laundry services except if it's a guest house or a motel.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Laundry business is actually very profitable and also lucrative at that but it actually depends on where you set up such business. I think the business only thrives best in the urban settlement as those living in the rural areas are very much used to taking care of their laundries all by themselves.
Yeah very true and in the urban areas , people actually earn more from the business as the people living there are mostly rich people who prefer to take their clothes to a laundry man , while in the rural areas they actually less consider taking it to laundry as many prefer to wash it by themselves to save cost and money

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Laundry business is still profitable if you are closer to a place where you have a lot of hotel. Most of the hospitality businesses and looking for external business that will help them to do laundry on larger scale. You can simply create opportunity to render the service to those hotels if you have them in abundance in your city.

Skysaint

Verified member
Laundry business is actually very profitable and also lucrative at that but it actually depends on where you set up such business. I think the business only thrives best in the urban settlement as those living in the rural areas are very much used to taking care of their laundries all by themselves.

Jonaville

No matter what, some businesses will never run down, and one of them is laundry. No doubt, people will always wear clothes, and a greater number of them won't have time to wash by themselves, hence the need to employ the service of a laundry man. So it is a good business.

C

Crystalworld02

think this is one business that shouldnt be excluded are laundry service available , as this is still fast moving in mostly in student area or campus and many student use that as an opportunity to make money because many engage in such business to make money and feed themselves in school , while some student that could not do the washing would take it to the dry cleaner and he would make his profit after washing , i think some drycleaners now have the washing machine which makes it more easier for them to easily wash the clothes very fast and respond to high number of customers that are in demand of their service at a larger pace i think ,so do you think laundry business is still very much profitable i will like you to share your experience so we can know more
I think one of the things to consider while planning to start a business for high yield and effectiveness is location, marketing strategy and your readiness to make the Bussiness a successful one.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Laundry business is no longer viable in My City has lot of people are now acquiring washing machine. The only thing you can do is to set up a laundry machine rental business. This will help you to do laundry for a lot of customers within a short period of time. You need a good customer services you know how to excel in this business.

Mika

VIP Contributor
The laundry business can be profitable only when you are based in the urban areas, and in the proximity of dense neighborhoods. You also need a proper water supply. Start-up costs may not be very high as you can easily start with a few washing machines. You might have to pay a lot of electricity and water bills.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Laundry business is a very viable business. But before one can really make any good money from it there must be some factors to put in to consideration. First; there must a good supply of electricity. Secondly; There must be a good supply of running water. And one must make sure that there is good packaging in order to be able to compete well with competitors.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Poorly written content
I think laundry is one business that shouldn't be overlooked. As this is a fast moving business. mostly in student area or campus and many student use that as an opportunity to make money because many engage in such business to make money and feed themselves in school, while some student that could not do the washing would take it to the dry cleaner and he would make his profit after washing, i think some drycleaners now have the washing machine which makes it more easier for them to easily wash the clothes very fast and respond to high number of customers that are in demand of their service at a larger pace i think, so do you think laundry business is still very much profitable i will like you to share your experience so we can know more.

Last edited by a moderator:

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Their is no need asking if laundry business is profitable when we know its profitable indeed. Especially when you open it on a public environment which good number of people living around the vicinity. Either in the semi- urban area, or urban area. This two settlement have a big role to play in our laundry business success.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
The Business of laundry is one of the most profitable businesses out there. There are a lot of people that are the lazy or little busy for them to wash and iron their clothes by themselves. All you have to do is to make yourself known by posting the opportunity on places like social media so that people can reach you.
Yeah you could make your self known on different social media to get the right patronage for your business , many business have failed since the owner have promoted if poorly and this made them not to get any customer at the end , so if the person wants to get customers , he have to first work on his promotional means

Setho

VIP Contributor
The Business of laundry is one of the most profitable businesses out there. There are a lot of people that are the lazy or little busy for them to wash and iron their clothes by themselves. All you have to do is to make yourself known by posting the opportunity on places like social media so that people can reach you.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I don’t know about other places but for my locality laundry business is really lucrative. This is why there are laundry stores almost everywhere now. People are becoming very busy now for most domestic jobs at home so they are into paying for them to be done now so go ahead with it

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My wife said that laundry is like food that you need every day (figuratively, of course). There are 2 laundry shops in the main road of our village. One owner said that business slowed down during the lockdown but now it is up and running good again. As long as there is market base then the business can earn a good profit.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Laundry business is of course a very profitable business. It mostly flourishes in areas where there are many working-class people because they may not have enough time to wash their clothes. That is the reason why it is very important for you to look for a very good location before going into the business. Another thing is that you need to have some finance because it requires at least some amount of money to work out.

uforwealth

Verified member
Laundry business is profitable if is set up in an environment where there is a market for laundry service.

There may be little or no demand for laundry service in rural areas whereas there may be high demand for this type of service in urban areas like Lagos in Nigeria.

So, for laundry business to thrive or be successful, it must be established in an area where there is the market for it.