Laptop or desktop for use of employees

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This issue is raging in one bank now because of the work from home mode. To be able to work from home the employee should have a laptop. Most of the issued computer for employees is a desktop. That is the crux now. For the company to buy a laptop when the desktop is already there that would be an added cost.

Fortunately for some employees (like my wife) who were using a laptop even before the pandemic so they have no problem in shifting to working from home. Some employees with their desktop are thinking of complaining to the HR for the prejudice that only the officers have a laptop. Now the plot thickens. I think you cannot force the company to buy a laptop when your desktop is still working good.

Mika

VIP Contributor
When I was working in a company, I was given a laptop. Since my job required me to travel to other companies to give presentations and pitch idea, I need a laptop. However, a lot of other employers were given desktop computers because all they did was sit before the computer and execute their works.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
It depends on the kind of job. If I were to start a company, I would prefer to give my employees desktop computers. Laptops can be misused, misplaced, or damaged by dropping it. This is not the case with desktop computers. Having said that, many companies in my city prefer desktop computers for employees.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I think whatever can help the employees work effectively should be provided by a company unless it is not really important. But s laptop here Will be needed by workers in the bank so I don't see why they shouldn't be gifted. I'm of the opinion that whatever can help with work shouldn't be denied

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I think laptop will be a better option because employees can take laptop where ever they go and work when ever they want. Your files will be on a computer you re working, if you are using desktop you cannot excess working file, however, when you work on a laptop you can always access your working files.

niche

Verified member
In India, some citizens find it better to use a desktop, because laptops are easily hacked. Most of the older desktops do not have a WiFi or Bluetooth, so it is very difficult to access them wirelessly unless a Wifi dongle is used. In some cases, the user cannot use the laptop after 3-4 months due to hacking and cyber crime.