Keeping of receipts as customers.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Receipt is an evidence of payment. Gone are the days when business is done base on trust or base on otal evidence, these days, it is important to get evidence to show at least that we paid for any good that we bought.

Getting receipt is not as important as keeping it. It may be difficult to keep all our receipts, that's why it is better we have a file that we keep some of them. This may be very useful for us and be a safe haven for us in the future, for any reason that may come up that may require us providing our evidence.

ZayneSchultz

As someone who values transparency and accountability in business dealings, I firmly believe in the importance of keeping receipts as evidence of transactions with customers. Not only does it establish a clear record of purchases and payments, but it also serves as a safeguard in case of disputes or discrepancies. By diligently organizing and retaining receipts, businesses demonstrate their commitment to integrity and customer satisfaction.

Etini

Valued Contributor
That's the one of the very reasons I prefer to make payments through electronic means. The receipts are always saved there and you can easily retract them from your history.

I was given fees to pay for my niece and I did the payment. Suddenly, the school asked for payment again. They have obviously got forgotten that I had paid. It was poised like a kind of conflict. I had to login to my EMI account and bring out the receipt even when it was months back.

They had to track the receipts against their bank statements and discovered that I had truly paid. That's how that issue was resolved and I didn't have to pay twice.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Truly, sending money through bank, to some extent, has saved the situation. But we cannot compare the receipt gotten from bank, from the one that we will get from making payment for something. For instance, after the school fees was paid, from the illustration above, it is important to ask for the receipt of the transaction and not really depend on the one from the bank.

The one from the bank only serves as confirmation of payment but may not serve as evidence except you are careful to write the narration as many people only send money using internet, without writing narration or purpose of the payment.

Axis

Banned
Some customers and client are formed of effortlessly throwing away the receipts that they have received from purchasing a particular item which is obviously a bad habit. Even if customers and client may have to throw away the receipt they must not do that quickly enough because they could be times where the product that they purchase maybe in bad shape or in a damage nature which of course they can only realize when they want to use the product possibly at home. In this situation they may want to return the product but in order to back up their claim that they product was actually bought in a particular business there must show a receipt which shows the signature of the seller and that of the buyer.