Is Website Designing Business Profitable?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
As far as I know, being a web designer involves making a website for your clients. The field of web designing is one of the most popular field in my country because there are many people who are interested in getting their websites designed, despite the fact that I live in a country where vast quantity of people do not use the Internet. There are many companies that choose this business and they hire a website designer, but I am not sure what is the profitability in this kind of business if I start this business and try to get clients? How much does a client pay to design a single website? I would be really grateful if someone can provide guidance about this kind of business. Is starting a website designing business really that profitable as people think?

Mika

VIP Contributor
Website design is a professional skill. There is a great demand for professional skills. If you can design a website from scratch not just use random content management software to build a website, you might succeed as a web designer. For example, you can easily build a website from wordpress, Xenforo, Joomla, Big Commerce etc. If your skills are limited to using these content management systems, you may not be very successful, but if you can develop your own template to create a unique website, you might be successful. For that purpose, you should also be a website builder and have coding skills.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Website design is a good business depend on how professional one is in the business.
One can really make good money on some site like fivver where people can be demanding for the job and if the person can do it very well more business will be coming which will attract money.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Web designing is profitable, you cam design websites for clients. In my place, people earn as much as $1000 for designing a company website. Web designer can earn as much as $5000 for designing am ecommerce site. If you are a web designer, you ca also sell ready made website to the clients.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Making money as a website designer depends on how good you are and your geographical location.

And also of you have marketing skills to sell your services and close deals, which I think many people overlook.

It's really a lucrative field because most small businesses nowadays needs website to aid there online visibly and to attract customers.

Information marketers also needs a web designer to design landing page for their products.

Here, in my country most web designers offers there services on Upwork.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
This is a very profitable business that you should never even doubt its potentials at all because there are a lot of people who are always cashing in and out of it due to the level of scarcity of people who posses the skill. I for instance have always seen some of my top partners looking for people who would help them to design and it has made me to believe that there is a high potential in this business that a lot of people may be missing out. I also have need of someone to help me design my WordPress site, but lack money to pay.