Is Traditional Commerce More Popular Than E-Commerce?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
The term "Commerce" denotes trade and business and when we say "E-Commerce", it literally refers to Electronic commerce or trades taking place in the digital world. E-commerce may involve the usage of Internet as a source of generating a good amount of revenue. When it comes to traditional commerce, we go back to olden days when the E-commerce was not much popular or never existed in the first place. I still believe that traditional commerce can generate more sales if you are living in a country where most of the people are not aware of what E-commerce actually is and I do live in such kind of country. What about you? Do you think that traditional commerce is still more popular as compared to E-commerce?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Human beings have been doing commerce in the traditional way since ages, however, ecommerce began popular only after the evolution of the internet. Amazon, one of the most popular and also biggest, ecommerce platform is just 27 years old. You need internet for ecommerce and internet is not available in every corner of the globe.

Buzemak

Both traditional commerce and e-commerce are important as each other. In the Third World countries where internet services are mainly for few classes of people, any product producer or service provider will use both system of commerce for his goods or services to be sold. I don't think any is more important than other

Sicami

Simple answer - No, it's not! Everything goes to e-commerce. Food, clothes.. it's just more efficient, it's in human's nature! :)

D

Deleted member 28127

Some countries have restrictions for some citizens having an international credit card, by the way, they will not be able to purchase from international websites this is the reason behind people a choice about traditional or e-commerce is state decisions, not the fact that people are convinced by this or this, this is the fact of capabilities given.