is the old-age pension inheritable?

Moni2402

The first thing you should know is that in these cases the rule that "your funds are yours" is met in all cases. That is why in the event of death, what you have saved will never become part of the assets of the pension fund manager, but can be received by those closest to you.

How does this work?

There are basically 2 alternatives that can occur with your pension savings in the event of death:

1. When the member dies, the members of his family group (spouse, children, mother or father of children of non-marital affiliation and in the absence of these, the parents) may be entitled to a survivor's pension.

2. Inheritance of the Pension Funds.
In the absence of survivor beneficiaries, pension funds are inheritable. For this it is important that your savings are not paid as a survivor's pension. . If they do not have beneficiaries, your savings constitute inheritance. In this case, your heirs may claim the right to your pension savings, following the necessary legal procedures, such as requesting effective possession.

As you can see, in the event of death before or during the pension, your pension savings will always be used to benefit those closest to you.

However, it is important to clarify that this also depends on the regulations established in each country.

Hina

It depends on the plan options originally selected by the member, as well as your relationship to that member. Typically, pension plans allow for only the member—or the member and their surviving spouse—to receive benefit payments. However, in limited instances, some may allow for a non-spouse beneficiary, such as a child.

IamDozzy

It depends on the plan options originally selected by the member, as well as your relationship to that member. Typically, pension plans allow for only the member—or the member and their surviving spouse—to receive benefit payments. However, in limited instances, some may allow for a non-spouse beneficiary, such as a child.
Very educative, that means even if the children's names aren't in the best of kin they could still inheritance the pension plan. What if the pensioner is late and doesn't have any surviving spouse or children, could his extended family say his brother in-law or grandmother lay a claim to the pension plan. I would really love to know for educative purposes.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In our country the pension of a retired worker is inheritable or transferable to the spouse. When my elder brother died his pension was transferred to his wife. Until now his wife is receiving the survivor pension although it is not as high as what my brother was receiving. Nevertheless that is good for the spouse. It is only to the spouse that the pension can be inherited, not by the children.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The best thing to do is to make plan very well while doing pension plan. You need to make your closest families you next if Kins so that they can be your beneficiary of your pension in case of incasity. Many people have lost what they labour for and their families as well do not enjoy their wealth because they didn't plan well while planning for their pension

Samuel72

Verified member
I have learnt more about pension and I have heard more about pension but I don't think there is any pension that can be in heritable, pension are meant to be paid to a worker till he dies, once a worker is dead the pension stops coming. the only way in which a pension can be heritable is when you make disagreements with the pension company.