Is Selling Seafood A Kind Of Good Business In Your Area?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
There are many individuals who live in my country who sell fish and earn money through this way. They actually buy fish from a market that is near sea in my city. It is actually a wholesale market where you have to buy fish, shrimps, and other kind of sea food in bulk quantity in order to get a much cheaper rate. These retailers buy fish from fishermen directly. This is because fishermen are usually the wholesalers themselves. I believe they usually make a profit of $1.5-2 per kilograms of fish depending on the type of fish. Shrimps also have a really good rate because they are usually expensive and retailers usually earn good money selling shrimps. So, do you really believe that selling fish is a good kind of business?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Very on demand here in my country, in fact all the areas of the world. Due to its tremendous health benefits, it became on demand and people love eating it often than the domestic animals, that is more of containing fats, and nutrients not good enough to our health. See foods promote long life and makes us live healthy, cos nutritious food improves healthy life.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Fish is selling really in my in area but shrimps I don't know, we don't normally come across that. But people who don't really have money to buy meat, mostly goes for fish. Though, fish is not for the poor people in my country, rich people too are buying fish but we have different types of fish, some are cheap to buy for some while we have some that are a little expensive.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
There are many individuals who live in my country who sell fish and earn money through this way. They actually buy fish from a market that is near sea in my city. It is actually a wholesale market where you have to buy fish, shrimps, and other kind of sea food in bulk quantity in order to get a much cheaper rate. These retailers buy fish from fishermen directly. This is because fishermen are usually the wholesalers themselves. I believe they usually make a profit of $1.5-2 per kilograms of fish depending on the type of fish. Shrimps also have a really good rate because they are usually expensive and retailers usually earn good money selling shrimps. So, do you really believe that selling fish is a good kind of business?
Sea food is very a lucrative business in my country because its a popular demanding things in which people can not do without . This type of food is very protaneous to the body and very health to eat.
Those that venturing in to the business always make good profit from it.Though one need to strategies very well before starting it.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It is very common here in my country and very lucrative I must admit. But the fact is that it is better to have food sellers as customers. Not only that this will enhance the quick means of selling the seafoods, it will also allow the fishermen to save the cost of preventing the seafoods because they are highly perishable.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Seafood is mostly lucrative in many places. This is because they offer a lot of protein to the body and they are also very delicious. The business is very lucrative in my area and there are a lot of people involved in it. I think it's quite easy to start if you have the money and knowledge of how the business works

Mika

VIP Contributor
I live in a landlocked country, we do not have sea routes here. Therefore, seafood is considered exotic food that can be found in star hotels or extravagant restaurants. There are some stores that sell seafood that you can take home and make the dish but these foods are so expensive that only foreigners or affluent people buy.

Good luck

Verified member
Sea food is a lucrative business everywhere but it's so sad a lot of people venture into such business without proper planning and ideas of the business.For you to be successful in seafood business then you must have atleast a regular steady electricity.A standby Generator that will be supplying you light when the normal electricity is out.

Josemendez

Verified member
Seafoods ranging from crayfish , Fish , crabs , etc are very much in demand in my country . People who deal on this type of business usually have market for their business as it is used daily for cooking foods. The only challenge is that some of them are perishable if not sold off within days . The good thing about the business is that it is cost effective .

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I live in a landlocked country, we do not have sea routes here. Therefore, seafood is considered exotic food that can be found in star hotels or extravagant restaurants. There are some stores that sell seafood that you can take home and make the dish but these foods are so expensive that only foreigners or affluent people buy.

Seafood might be expensive in your country due to the fact that seafood is imported in your country. Imported items are usually very expensive. I live in a country that is attached by sea; however, seafood is still very expensive in my country due to the fact that wholesellers are greedy and middlemen also make profits by selling seafood.

Augusta

VIP Contributor

Yeah seafood is really lucrative in my locality I would have to attribute this to our culture. Our food needs mmost of this tiny creatures to garnish our soups with. So you see a lot of people buying them to make one kind of soup or the other despite the fact that it is expensive but people still buys

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Yeah seafood is really lucrative in my locality I would have to attribute this to our culture. Our food needs mmost of this tiny creatures to garnish our soups with. So you see a lot of people buying them to make one kind of soup or the other despite the fact that it is expensive but people still buys

Well, it might be possible that consuming seafood might be a part of culture because I have seen a big relationship between seafood consumption and culture. There are many Bangladeshis who mostly eat seafood. In my country (Pakistan), the people who mostly sell seafoods are Bangladeshi guys. They also consume seafood a lot and also live near sea.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Our country is an archipelago with countless of coastline so seafood is not exactly common but not rare either. The advantage of seafood is that there is high demand in restaurants so the price of crabs, lobsters and prawns are always high. But the traders are the ones earning big profit and not the vendors.

D

Deleted member 28127

Sea food is delicious and additionally it is healthy meal and food then if you visit a town as a tourist you may want to eat some healthy food like sea food so it is really a very lucrative business because it attracts visitors, that is why many restaurants and hotels are focusing on presenting this kind of meal in their menu of launch or dinner to guests visiting their hotel or restaurant or tourist.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I have actually thought of this business before because the price of crayfish and crabs in my area is just ridiculous. but I don't know how to start it because I think that in order to be successful I need to have somebody maybe in Lagos who would buy and then send it over to me here to sell.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Its a very good business but defintely not the best in my location , i have friends who are into the business and they are making gains daily from the sale of the fish almost every day , what you need to focus more on is checking consumer demands and the type of fish they want , because some type of fish are on high demands while some are not on, in my community the sale of catfish is still little bit high