Is "Online Influencer" a new career path?

Etini

Valued Contributor
When I go through people's profiles and it gets to the place of occupation, I see people listing "Online Influencer". I am always shocked because I dont understand what an influencer is all about. One thing characetrising influencers is that they have a large social media following and try everything to stay popular online. The question is, "can someone build a viable career as an influencer"?

I was speaking to a secondary school class about career. I asked the class what the profession they would like to undertake after school. About 3 girls said they want to be influencers. This got me curious and I asked if the influencer hob is specifically tailor made for the ladies.. Also, I want to know the requirements to build a career as an online influencer. Is there a formal training program me that qualifies one to become an online influencer? And what is the job description of an online influencer?

Yes, it is.

I've been observing the evolution of the online influencer industry for over a year now, and I can say with confidence that it is a new career path. Many brands are now looking for online influencers to create content for their social media profiles and websites, and many businesses have realized that an online presence is the best way to reach their customers in today's competitive market.

In order to be successful as an online influencer, you need to be able to build relationships with your audience and engage them on a personal level. You also need to understand what your target audience wants from you and how they will respond to your products or services.