Is keyword research important for SEO?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
The first mistake I made when I was starting out building blocks around my passion is not doing keyword research. Just like most people I later end up dropping the blog and create the second one.

When I was trying to discover what could be the problem of my first website, I discovered that I need to build more bad things since I found myself in a competitive niche.

I focus too much on link building on my second website and I got penalized for doing that on Google search engine.

This action paid me a lot because I invest a lot of money and emotion into the second website and have nothing to show for it after the Google penalty.

While I was discussing this with a friend, I was told that I need to focus more on keyword research and this got me confused because less people are talking about it.

so I want to ask that is keyword research essential for search engine optimisation?

sincerem

VIP Contributor
If you want to benefit from your blog in the future, and getting the traffic you need, you need to specialize in a proper keyword when it comes to creating topics or articles in your website. Creating unique and quality keywords will signal search engines that your site should be considered and listed for visitors to go into and get satisfying information, surely your website will drag the attention and get listed provided you consistently generate quality keywords.

AfriPeeps Official

Keyword research is a very essential tool you should consider using when blogging and building your website, if really you need traffic and you want real website visitors, then you should consider using the right keywords, you can make good use of keyword really tools at your disposal, there are free as well as paid.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I don't think there will be successful recording when it comes to blogging without a proper keyword search. Most users will only type a word or groups of words while looking for something on search engines. It is the keywords that will suggest a blog whether it has relevant information to supply on the word searched.

websiteee

Keyword research provides you with information about competition and traffic on your target keyword, which is a very important factor for the SEO of any website.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
If you don't want your blogging efforts to be wasted, it is very important to target low competitive keywords. This will help you to run faster in Google search engine. Researching less competitive keywords as a beginner might be a little bit difficult. You are going to get used to it when you are using a good software to search for the keywords. It takes far more resources to get around in your search engine when you have big brands as your competitor.