is it possible to be motivated by failure?

Ahmedo24

Verified member
If the failure was due to identified factors that are highly redeemable then I will surely be motivated to rejig the processes adopted earlier for a better results , it is Fundamental that most times you get right and sustain it in business if you had made mistakes in the past ,so the situation depends if I will be motivated or not.

Teatea

Embracing our mistakes and failures helps in forging ahead even when it seems all hope is lost. No one is free from mistakes or fails, even the richest persons has their own fair share. But the way we handle it is what matters. If you dont make mistakes then you are probably not doing anything at all.

Psalmseen

Yes of course! It is highly possible to be motivated by failure. None wishes to fail tho but it is part if race. Just like the saying goes "failure is not fatal and success is not final". The fact that you fsil now, should motivate you to be better of and do it better than how you did it. High profiles business tycoons in the country never submit to failure rather they take it as a motivation, that is the reason they aee celebrated today

Syldan

Failure is often interlinked with motivation. It can also be said that those who are highly motivated, experience failure more often as they are consistently testing their boundaries and trying new things. However, most people are afraid of failure.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
So times in life when we feel we are almost there, and suddenly something beyond our control try tries to stop us. We might feel very disappointed due to the setback or failure, but the truth is that we draw more strength from such, because that sense of trying again and that it will be better will set in. We get motivated and pickup ourselves and start all over again.

Maphalle

Failure is part of success. If you can check the history of all successful businessmen they are all accompanied by failure. When you start a business you'll meet many challenges along the way. You'll lack some equipment, lack support, have restless nights, all these come with failure to succeed. It is said that Mr Colgate failed 99 times before he got the correct formula for the toothpaste. So failure is not a taboo in business but a step forward.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have experienced the fire of desire to have another business when I failed on my first start up. It lasted for just a few months because of the diminishing number of customers. When I recovered I noticed that I am seeking vengeance so I planned for another business. Within the year I made another start up and this time the business was much better.

Planet408

Most successful business men have their own share of failure. For most of them who failed as young entrepreneurs now have successful business they own.

Steve Jobs once said “I didn’t see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. Failure unlocks the most creative minds of an entrepreneur whose taste for success is close to none. Persistency is one of the major characteristics of a successful business man.

is it possible to be motivated by failures in the past?
Yes I believe it is very possible to be motivated by failures. When a great mind encounters failure in his business, he doesn't give up. Rather he re-strategizes on how to overcome the obstacles that brought him down initially. Failure is never final and neither success is. In every failed adventure, there is always something to learn from it.

eojo2401

It is success that motivates but not failure. You can only learned from your failure or failure of other people. For example if Mr. Failed in his business because he took a high interest loan to run his business, you can learn a lesson from his downfall not to take a high interest loan for the running of your own business. But if Mr Anwo. makes $10,000 from post and pay site, you will be forced to start same business, you will be motivated and encourage by his success. Even what will comes to your mind is, if he can make it, I can make it too.

Briangsam

It could be true but people are built differently for different purposes and different happenings. Some people could be motivated by failure; which will spur them to want to get better and make things right and prove critics and doubters wrong. While some people will fail and crumble and quit. So it's different horse for different course.

Succjay

Yes very possible to be motivated by failure as it will help you to sit back and think of those things you did not do well which led to the failure of the business and work on how to fix them rightly. Every Successful business man has a failure story to share.

anil02

Verified member
Yes I think a failures also have many things to teach us. They know have enough practical experience, they know well than us that which our steps may be the cause of our failure. They also know that how to solve a problem because they faced it. It is saying that failure is first step to our success.

marcusfe

It is very possible to be motivated by failure. People that really want to succeed when they fail, they see it as an avenue to learn from their failure and thereafter improve on it. Successful business owners aren't afraid to fail because they know when they fail they would come out stronger. The mistakes they made they won't ever make such in the future. Every successful person in this world has experienced failure at one point in his/her life.
Failure though not a good thing is a great teacher for someone who is very observant. Failure is an essential part of experience and without experience someone is liable to fail in life. A lesson learned from failure is always the best because of the pain that is always attached and zeal of preventing it from reoccurring. It is hardly like for someone who learn from his past mistake to make the same mistake again.

Adetayo100

It is very possible to be motivated by failure, failure brings successes in the future without failure you can learn from your mistakes, successful entrepreneurs and rich business men and women once had a failed start in there business but they got back on there feet. So failure can be a very big motivation steps for someone into business.

Veetos12

Most successful business men have their own share of failure. For most of them who failed as young entrepreneurs now have successful business they own.

Steve Jobs once said “I didn’t see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. The heaviness of being successful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. Failure unlocks the most creative minds of an entrepreneur whose taste for success is close to none. Persistency is one of the major characteristics of a successful business man.

is it possible to be motivated by failures in the past?
It is possible if the person who experienced failure in the past can take it upon himself or herself to learn from the failure and charge him or herself never to fall into that same mistake.

For some persons its yes while to others no. Failure can easily make some people loose motivation and thereby quit while some persons failure leads them to be motivated into doing better in order to be successful because you will have the mindset that once you don't do it right this time you will fail

Dorcey

Is it possible to be motivated by failure? A great question yes it's very possible cause failure can be caused by a mistake slight or not slight a mistake is a mistake and people do learn from their mistake so not to continue making same mistake that might or likely lead to failure so you will be movitated to sit-up right and focus

Samuel72

Verified member
According to my own point of view I believe business is all about Risk and also you can learn from your mistake but in the aspect of motivation with failure, I believe it is normal for someone to learn from his mistake but I don't think you can be motivated by your failure. you can only be motivated by advice given to you by friends or you can also be motivated by other business investors who are into the same type of business just like you looking at their achievements and other things about them.

Godslamp

We are told early on in life to learn from our mistakes. Something which is often forgotten as we get older and start attempting more challenging tasks. It cannot be denied that failure shapes us. It changes our attitude and offers a platform for us to move from. The most influential factor however, is if we move up or down. If we progress further or allow failure to inhibit our potential. In both business and life, mistakes are inevitable. We are guaranteed to fail at certain points, yet our ability to reach that end goal depends on what we learn.

anil02

Verified member
Some one motivated with failures or not it is depends of person to person. Some person when they failed in any field they loose there interest in work and disappointed. Some are on failure they take it is as challange, and they also try to find the reason behind their failures. Best example of it is student who are competing for any course or job.